Looking for a touchscreen mobile for my wife - less than 13k

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
1. Q: Budget?
A: 12k - 13k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Not sure

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Chinese or Indian brands please. Looking for one from Nokia/Samsung/Sony/Motorola/LG

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Require a minimum 5MP camera. With flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Windows would be preferred. Else Android.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: WiFi & 3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, Camera & calls.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim. No second hand purchases. Only a sealed box pack, either with or without warranty. A large screen size is preferred. A fast processor too.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None really

Please suggest.

Isn't there a single SIM option with dual core processor in this price range?

Extend your budget and you can go for the SONY XPERIA series of phones --
  • Sola
  • U
OR you can look at hTC Desire's --
  • C
  • V
^^ But these are single-cores.

Final options are MicroMax and Karbonn handsets if you are open to that.

Hope this helps. Cheerio!

You should be able to get a new Atrix 4G in that range. Fast, responsive device. Also fits into the hand really nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Among Windows Phones, I would suggest the Lumia 822. It is a world phone. Both options from the US of course.

Today Lumia 520 has been launched at MWC. It's design is so good and it will be cheaper than 620. It's showing coming soon on Nokia India site. This is the phone which is to wait for.

Even 720 was launched today, seems like a really good phone have a look at it. If there is any chance you can increase your budget to 20k then you should go for this one, or else you could get the 620/520 or maybe even HTC 8S (Don't know how much it costs in India so apologies if its more than 12k).

@creative420 Lumia 620 seems like a good option. Any idea about the possible release date in India?
@agantuk: Buying from USA is not an option right now. :(
@sandeepsachin The Galaxy S advance seems good enough. I might settle for it, if none other fits the bill.
@ALPHA17 Of the four, Xperia Sola seems to be a good option, with its microSD expandable storage. Is there any reason why I should NOT get this mobile?

Last edited by a moderator:
creative420 Lumia 620 seems like a good option. Any idea about the possible release date in India?
agantuk: Buying from USA is not an option right now. :(
sandeepsachin The Galaxy S advance seems good enough. I might settle for it, if none other fits the bill.
ALPHA17 Of the four, Xperia Sola seems to be a good option, with its microSD expandable storage. Is there any reason why I should NOT get this mobile?

Their release date is 1st week of January 2013. Was :p

But yeah, saholic and one more website is showing it'll come soon. Nokia Lumia 520 is a good option to, but don't know if it will have flash as 510 didn't have it. 720 will be a better phone too, but might have to shell out more.

P.S: The Samsung Advance deal is very very very mouth-watering. Not for me though, I switched to a feature phone :p

Of the four, Xperia Sola seems to be a good option, with its microSD expandable storage. Is there any reason why I should NOT get this mobile?

No bump to to Jelly Bean from SONY.

The SAMSUNG Galaxy S Advance is the best bet for you if the deal is still up on eBay.in. Will get a bump to Jelly Bean, 4" S-AMOLED display (vivid colours and deep blacks). Expandable memory and a biggish removable battery (very handy on the go).

Back