TV:
1. Screen size:
The bigger the better :p
2. Viewing distance:
About 10 ft
3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.:
Tata Sky HD DTH; SD content mostly.
4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV:
LED LCD. Preferably the backlit ones and not the edge lit ones.
5. Preference for brands:
Sony only.
6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
Yes. As long as CC are accepted. That means ebay only I guess.
7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room:
Room is moderately dark. No opposing windows.
8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.:
3D is not needed; Smart TV options are welcome.
This one is for my brother. My bhabhi wants Sony Bravia only. No other options. That should restrict the field very much. Please suggest the best Sony with or without warranty, in this price range. Any links to ongoing deals would be welcome.

Sony 42W670 without warranty .Its a Smart TV has built in Wifi and has a IPS panel and being a 2013 models with X-reality pro they have the lowest input lag compared to any other flat panel display TV ,so they are great for gaming.
With warranty they are above his budget.

Yes they both are the same,I think its a good deal but ebay charges around 6%(final value fee and paisa pay fee) for the seller so in the grey market it could be 6% more cheaper then whats listed in ebay.

As far as SD content they look fine as long as the source is good,if the source is bad with heavy compression then there is nothing much a tvs image processing can do.

@logistopath.. Sorry to Hijack.

But I am also in the market for a similar display and budget. so I hope u dont mind.

@adder

Is that display good? It will be primarily for PC and console gaming. And what is the normal warranty for Sony? And God forbid anything happens..what can we do to repair?

Last edited by a moderator:
@mjeri
Well since it has a IPS panel it will have the drawback of poor blacks.
But for PC and console gaming it will be the best option out there,with its really low input lag and good viewing angles that accompany IPS tech.

For movie watching at night one will notice the lack of deep blacks and if thats important then look at the samsung series 5 which have a VA panel .Sony does have a mid range W700 with a VA panel but in india its only available in 46" size.

Yes Sony will do a PAID service for products which don't have warranty .

The warranty for Sony tvs are 1 year warranty + optional 2 years additional extended warranty.

I am in the market for a TV as well. Went to Jumbo Electronics today just to check out some models.
The guy was selling me a Plasma - LG 42" 600Hz for 36k with further discount available.
I had seen Toshiba 40PU200 and 40PS200 on Snapdeal for 36.5k and 42k respectively with 3 years warranty.
I checked out the PS200 which is an edgelit model and found the picture quality to be very good (Amazing Spiderman Bluray was playing on it). I wish I could check it with SD Cable TV but that wasn't possible. Still, seems like a good alternative to me. The lower priced model is infact backlit ( considered better than edge-lit) but looks aren't that great. The PS200 is quite a looker and really seemed to be a very good option to me at that price-point.

Good tv that! Congrats on the purchase. I was recently in the market for a television and this would have been my top choice if i had the moolah.

Back