Looking for 3 Different Phones

artikle

Unknown Member
ex-Mod
EDIT: Decided to buy the Galaxy S2. Help me in getting one :)

Ok. Im looking for three different phones from different price segments.

1. Max budget: 35k.

For father(tech savvy, interested in new phones and features:clap:).

Looking at android.

Want an all round winner.

BIG screen.

Please start suggesting various options from 20k to 35k (Can wait a month or two if it is worth it)

Are the new phones(dual core:eek:hyeah:) from MWC 2011 worth waiting for?

2. Max budget: 14-15k

For a friend(ardent nokia worshipper:rofl:)

Looking at android. Want to ditch symbian for a change.

Replacing Nokia 5233 so has to be better in all respects.

3. Max budget: 35k

For father. A dual sim phone with the features in Point 1.

Really hoping for your valuable advice and helping hand because the best decision possible has to be made.

Thanks in advance.:)

^Thanks:), but why was the galaxy SL suggested instead of galaxy S? As per my understanding the S is a lot better I suppose. Is there any advantage with the SL? And about Galaxy Ace someone was saying in a similar thread, dont even think about it!:S I dont exactly know why.

@All: how would the Galaxy S2 be? I know it slightly overshoots the budget but wont the prices stabilize in month? Also any advantages in the desire over galaxy s except looking a lot better? And arent there any other phones between 20k and 35k?

Thanks

pranaywhiz said:
^Thanks:), but why was the galaxy SL suggested instead of galaxy S? As per my understanding the S is a lot better I suppose. Is there any advantage with the SL? And about Galaxy Ace someone was saying in a similar thread, dont even think about it!:S I dont exactly know why.

The Galaxy S is much better but it is not available everywhere now. Availability is a serious issue. The SL is readily available and hence I suggested the SL. But if you get a SGS, you can safely opt for it.

As for the Ace, it is a good phone in the 15k range. Whoever said 'don't even think about it' should give valid reasons for saying so... :|

The Desire looks better than the SGS. It had a better build than the SGS that is plasticky and it has a flash for the camera.

galaxy s2 will not launch until may, and the price will not go down for another 2 months or so... look at galaxy s..its sill selling at 25+ at some stores..

am still confused, ur father needs 2 phones worth 35k each??

he could jsut buy one and another cheap phone.

salluks said:
am still confused, ur father needs 2 phones worth 35k each??

he could jsut buy one and another cheap phone.

He actually need point 3. but would have to choose point 1. if no proper option is available in point 3. I listed them like that thinking it would be easily readable. But i guess I made it more complicated.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sure the Galaxy S looks cheap and has no flash(big -ve) but how much would performance vary between the desire hd and galaxy s. And the same question again arent there any other phones between 20k and 35k which both look good and are powerful or arent they worth the extra price?

pranaywhiz said:
Ok. Im looking for three different phones from different price segments.

1. Max budget: 35k.
For father(tech savvy, interested in new phones and features:clap:).
Looking at android.
Want an all round winner.
BIG screen.
Please start suggesting various options from 20k to 35k (Can wait a month or two if it is worth it)
Are the new phones(dual core:eek:hyeah:) from MWC 2011 worth waiting for?

Acer launched Android-based Liquid Metal today.

Key Specs:

• Powered 800MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Core Processor
  • Android 2.2 Froyo OS (5X faster than the earlier versions)
  • Display : 9.1 cm (3.6-inch) TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 480 x 800 pixels resolution
  • Fastest Connectivity Suite : HSPA 14.4 MBPS , 3G (3G + WiFI), GPS, Mini USB
  • Record video in HD at 720p (30fps)
  • Dolby Surround technology , EQ profiles and Dynamic Bass Boost Push Mail
  • 3 Predictive Dialers (3 KB with XT 9)
  • Superior Battery Life up to 8 hrs of talk time (1500 MAH Battery)
  • Top LED Indicator
  • Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate
  • Wireless LAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, UPnP
  • Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
  • Camera: 5 mega-pixel,auto-focus, LED flash ,Geo-tagging, face and smile detection, image stabilization
  • Unique Acer Interface
  • Pinch to Zoom option
  • 8GB Micro SD Card (up to 32GB)

Available in silver, brown and tiffany Blue colours, Acer Liquid Metal is priced at Rs 20500. :D

1. Wait for Galaxy S II
2. Galaxy Ace (Galaxy SL has no Flash for camera, a huge letdown for such a high-end phone)
3. Motorola Glam (Poor VFM at its price but Dual-sim, GSM+CDMA, Android)

Ok guys... I need to choose a phone (point 1.) to buy latest by this thursday. So everybody has been suggesting the galaxy s and HTC desire hd.

Now.. Problems with Galaxy S: no flash...... plasticky (please mention if any other)

Problems with Desire HD: no secondary camera......kind of less battery life......bad screen?

Im not able to decide between these two.

The desire hd looks like a winner( but doesnt have secondary camera :( (but 8mp cam vs galaxys 5mp)

Galaxy S has everything nice(fabulous screen too) but doesnt have a flash and is plasticky

Any other phone which satisfies everything?

And can someone tell me why Galaxy Tab and S are both priced at 25k? Does buying a Tab make any sense?

And I dont clearly know the Android upgrade roadmap for these... I need the phone to be updated for as long as possible.

Please help me in choosing the right phone... I dont want to make a mistake in this.

A big no for the Galaxy Tab. It sucks. Better get the SE Xperia Arc then :) Satisfies all your needs. Has a good Exmor 8MP sensor and a front cam. Sexy design too :eek:hyeah:
If you are not able to get the Arc then go for the Google Nexus S ~ 28k (But indian version has a SLCD instead of SAMOLED :(

I love my galaxy tab :D

My two cents

If you need to get two phones,

then get one samsung galaxy tab

and get samsung sgs2 or htc evo 3d when these dual cores are released!

rite said:
I love my galaxy tab :D

My two cents

If you need to get two phones,

then get one samsung galaxy tab

and get samsung sgs2 or htc evo 3d when these dual cores are released!
It doesnt make any sense to buy that tablet which runs a mobile OS!!! Especially considering that there are much better tablets in the market for similar price. Your love for it doesnt mean its a good buy.

Ok guys! Now concentrating on Incredible S and Xperia Arc. The Arc looks uber cool but I dont know how much better it is considering that was quoted 29k for it. And Incredible S RAM seems to be 768MB while Arcs's RAM is 512MB. Not able to decide:(..... Please pour in your suggestions.... :)

pranaywhiz said:
Ok guys! Now concentrating on Incredible S and Xperia Arc. The Arc looks uber cool but I dont know how much better it is considering that was quoted 29k for it. And Incredible S RAM seems to be 768MB while Arcs's RAM is 512MB. Not able to decide:(..... Please pour in your suggestions.... :)
depends on your requirements, the RAM will be surely useful for running a bunch of apps.. but would your father use apps? does he need the QWERTY keypad?

The Arc looks better, and theres a better Camera...

For the second option(For your friend), within 15K.. I would recommend the Motorola Defy

1. For Dad (Android) - (i) HTC Incredible S, (ii) SE Xperia Arc & Neo,

...If you are willing to wait....(iii) Samsung Galaxy SII, (iv) LG Optimus 2X, (V) Motorola Atrix

2. For Friend - (i) Motorola Defy (17k, exceeding the budget). Don't buy Sammy Galaxy Ace, it's a bad phone with low RAM & over-clocked CPU... it performs same as LG Optimus One maybe worse. (LG Optimus One P500 vs. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830)

Back