Car & Bike Looking for 250-600 CC Bike!

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Hey Guys,

I am in the market looking for a good 250-600CC Bikes but not the Honda CBR250R or the Kwak Ninjia 250. Looking for an Imported one.

Which are good bike in this range, I am more interested in a Naked / Semi- Faired bike rather than a fully faired one. but if there aren't any naked ones then only a full faired will do.

My Budget is Max 4 Lacs. please let me know if you know someone who deals in imported bikes.

^ I am a bit on the heavier side. so not interested in small bikes, need something that can be comfortable for me & pillion on long drives.

My budget was stretched to max at 4 lacs.

^^ dude on a honest suggestion i`d say stick with bikes that have clean papers work in india.

about circa 2003,2004 many auto dealers had to face the wrath of the customs when they found out that many imported bikes have evaded customs duty.
Most of the times bikesa re shown as "chasis" coming from dubai, thailand, singapore and what not. Once they assemble the bike here they approach the local rto office for registration, I remember the same way back in mid 2000 when i was in college and a friend of mine in pune used tio blabber about such stuff:

NEWS: 30 imported bikes seized for evading duties. - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
BE CAREFUL in purchase of any superbike - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Nevertheless if the urge to merge with the bike is still stromng read the link below:
ARTICLE: How to Buy and live with a Superbike in India - Team-BHP

Two of the finest motoring sites in india and very credible.
Look no matter how heavy you are, a good bike with decent power to wieght ratio will pull your suppossedly massive girth along with an equally heavy pillion with ease in indian road conditions.Do remember that power is not the only criteria. A powerful engine mated to a heavy body makes no sense unless your get your klicks out of red light racing when the road in front is clear.Also most superbikes have the "pillion" thingy as an after thought :)

I truly belief that that a ninja 650R would be more than satisfocatory/overkill for your need.

Get the Ninja 650R. Its pretty good in the price range, considering that all your paper work will be clean and you will get officla support from Bajaj.

^ Like i said, I am not interested in a Full faired bikes, I don't have the parking for it. & Having a Bajaj Service / support is really not a good selling point as i have had bad experience with them.. they charge money for oil change & don't change it.

I looked at a Suzuki GSR 600,its a 08 model done about 8K & has DRI letter with all papers clear (although i don't know what that is) The owner is asking 7.75Lacs for it & i am trying to get him to come down to 6Lacs

2011-09-05%25252013.13.38.jpg

BTW that's not me in the pic, its my friend.

You can get a brand new 650R with guaranteed genuine papers,warranty support,spare parts etc at 5 lakhs then why going for a 3yr old imported bike with all the hassles of genuine/fake papers,service, no warranty etc at 6 lakhs :S

I dont think it will be much of a difference in terms of parking space required by both the bikes.

650r wont take much space . .

its not full faired bike like super bike as it falls under tourer category..

and about the servicing you can get it done in front of you..

jst 4.9 lac n ull be getting much good luking bike than the above you mentioned, warranty, all papers.

You seem very confused. Get your head straight.

- You said you are not interested in small bikes and then you say you don't have parking space.

- You said you want comfort for pillion rider over long drives. None exist, you should look for a cruisers.

Not that a single penny is spent from my pocket, but it pricks to know that someone is 'wasting' away 5 lacs over a purchase he hasn't given a thought towards. I hope you don't mind me being blunt.

^

I am not Interested in small bike & yes I don't have a personal parking space. but i do have underground parking.

Not interested in cruisers either, I don't like the way i have to sit on it.

I also checked out the Honda CBR 1000RR today & its seats are tiny at the back but the suzuki pic above has good rear seats, so that will be comfortable.

I know what i want & what you guys suggested is not what i am looking for, So stop Hard Selling the Kwak I wont buy it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

kauzy said:
how much does a ducati monster sell for?

should be around 8.5 lacs

source: Ducati Monster 796 - Ducati

then have a look at yamaha FZ1 as well, which can be owned legally here but its a 1000cc. but i doubt the comfort for the pillion though.

Back