Logitech Z906.

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
g14_default.jpg

Logitech Z906. 5.1 channel THX certified speakers with dual digital optical(Toslink) inputs.
More Images: http://sdrv.ms/MpPMCj

Click here to view the gallery.

%
#Black_Hawk Indeed they are...
Even if the woofer is 2" smaller than the Z5500 this one rocks just like the old one...
Had it for little more than a week...
Its pure performance... I had read few -ve reviews specially from ppl who had already used Z5500 and they thought the Z906 did not pack enough punch...
But let me tell you at 40% volume and Bass set at around 45% I can hear this in my parking from the third floor where I stay...
And the most beautiful this is that no matter how much you increase the volume it will still sound as music and not as noise :)

I observed that for few TV channels it converts TV sound into 5.1. I don't know if this is my TV's feature or the Z906 but it feels nice...
I am using the toslink cable to output the TV sound to the Z906.

#Tenzin Thanks mate.

%
I observed that for few TV channels it converts TV sound into 5.1. I don't know if this is my TV's feature or the Z906 but it feels nice...
I am using the toslink cable to output the TV sound to the Z906.

#Tenzin Thanks mate.

I have them too. It's nice :)

You can change it by the 'EFFECTS' button. For TV (which might be stereo ) , you can have a Virtual 5.1 , a 4.1 (where the back speakers would have the same sound as front) or the traditional 2.1 .

Thanks. #KVikram & #Eggman
I have them too. It's nice :)

You can change it by the 'EFFECTS' button. For TV (which might be stereo ) , you can have a Virtual 5.1 , a 4.1 (where the back speakers would have the same sound as front) or the traditional 2.1 .
Yeah it really cool and the functions respond fast. There is not much lag.

I just wanted to amplify the sound of my TV. I had other cheap options like the DVD/Bluray players which are sold as HTIB but they did not appeal me. Moreover you cant even change the speaker configurations when the system is playing... in most of those models...
Other option was to go for dedicated AV receiver. I stay in a rented place(living room 140Sq.Ft) and it would have been a overkill in terms of power consumption also.
Since my TV has sufficient inputs I would not need an additional receiver for a couple of years.
Finally I came back to where I had started the hunt... the Z906. The only thing is the wait cost me 3k more due to ruppee dollar game and since this was not available in stock in Pune.

Its worth it...

why not s550 they are 19k...

yes but S550 does not have toslink and coaxial digital inputs. This one has 2toslink, 1 digital co axial, 1 aux(3.5mm), 1 stereo RCA and 1 6 channel direct input :)
Its an AV receiver without HDMI :) Plus not to mention 2yrs warranty...
Also with the solid reputation Z5500 had created this became my obvious choice ...

Don't wanna spoil your good mood but I got it for :p
There are ppl who bought this for 13k also during Q4 2011.
I got a price of 15k just 2 months back but then I got busy with some work and was in a dilemma .... Onkyo 3400 or LG Blueray HTIB or Z906.
Finally I took a decision but this one cost me more.... due to high $ rates. One dealer in Pune had promised 17k but he wanted me to wait for a week....
Mehta Computers on Lamington road quoted 16200 3weeks back but its too cumbersome to carry it from Mumbai to Pune...
Cost will keep on changing time to time but the quality and satisfaction of using the product is what matters the most for me :)
BTW my budget was 35k for a sound system... In that regards this one was a heck of a deal ...:head2:

There are ppl who bought this for 13k also during Q4 2011.
I got a price of 15k just 2 months back but then I got busy with some work and was in a dilemma .... Onkyo 3400 or LG Blueray HTIB or Z906.
Finally I took a decision but this one cost me more.... due to high $ rates. One dealer in Pune had promised 17k but he wanted me to wait for a week....
Mehta Computers on Lamington road quoted 16200 3weeks back but its too cumbersome to carry it from Mumbai to Pune...
Cost will keep on changing time to time but the quality and satisfaction of using the product is what matters the most for me :)

True :) now enjoy the set ..it's awesome for games and movies ...and the best part is that you can set volumes for individual speakers ..to give you the best possible effect for your needs

True :) now enjoy the set ..it's awesome for games and movies ...and the best part is that you can set volumes for individual speakers ..to give you the best possible effect for your needs

I doubt you can individual speaker volumes. To my knowledge you can only adjust the surround, sub woofer. Let us know if it can be done individually and how?

I doubt you can individual speaker volumes. To my knowledge you can only adjust the surround, sub woofer. Let us know if it can be done individually and how?
You can set the volume but not literally individually.
Using the level button on the remote you can change the volume of
1) Woofer
2) Rear speakers (both rear L and R volume will change at same time)
3) Front 2. (This options is not available in all effects. I got this only when I connected my XBOX)

Again this is depending on the effect you are using like if you are using it in 2.1 mode you wont get the option to change the rear speakers volume.

Back