Logitech Cordless Desktop Ex90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Skilled
Logitech Cordless Desktop Ex90

This was purchased from Rahul (The ITwares) in July 2007.

The Keyboard and receiver are in excellent working condition. The mouse navigation and scroll wheel work perfectly. The left and right buttons are hard. Replacing those two switches will make the whole set perfect.

Price Rs 600/- for Mumbai buyer only. Pay and pick up.

Reason for selling: bought a new set since I could not wait to replace the switches.

I'm trying to upload images but I am not able to. It appears that I have already exceeded my quota by around 500 KB due to some images in older threads. I can't figure how to delete those old images and whether I will even be allowed to delete since they are referred to by existing threads.

Until I am able to upload I uploaded to 4 Shared. Please excuse me and see the pics in the links

The Receiver

The Keyboard:

Keyboard Image 1

Keyboard Image 2

Keyboard Image 3

Keyboard Image 4

and the Mouse:

Mouse Image 1

Mouse Image 2

@Metalspree have some patience man. I had some problems with the network while creating the thread and was not aware that a thread had already got created. I have requested mods to close the previous, incomplete thread.

@ Emil: It's Ok... Metalspree is just trying to keep the forum clean. :)

Neway, are u sure that the mouse can be repaired?? If yes, pls reply soon. Interested.

@nehaladsul - I just opened the mouse. It is exactly the same construiction as a typical wired mouse. It has 3 switches; one each for the left and right button and one when you click the scroll wheel. We hardly ever used the scroll wheel button so that switch should be fine but the other two buttons are pretty hard. I am not sure as I have not been familiar with the local electronics market for the last decade or so but I suppose those switches should be available. They have 3 in line terminals which should be simple enough to desolder. Maybe some more modern hardware experts here can say what they feel.

Actually, I don't think that those switches would be available...... But I guess that they are universal for all mice & if that is the case, one can de-solder the kaput ones & solder the working ones in their place (which one can remove from any mouse).

But I need sum time to confirm this..... also, it involves the risk of killing the mouse altogether..... :p

BTW, how many batteries does the Mouse & Keyboard need respectively?? And how about the Battery Life???

:)

Yeah you better check the availability of the switches too.
Both mouse and keyboard take 2 AA size cells. They were initially used with Alkaline but I have been using rechargable NiMH ever since those first cells died. I can't really say how long they last but the mouse lasts us for over a month on fully charged batteries while the Keyboard works for several months.

I have this same model kB+M. I never used the wireless mouse that came with this keyboard as im using MX 518. If the seller of this thread or any one needs i can give away the wireless mouse only by paying shipping charges.

Oh great. Thanks.

@nehaladsul - your problem is solved. I can discount this sale to cover ganesh's shipping cost if you want ganesh to ship direct to you.

@ganesh - how much would shipping to Mumbai cost and how do I send you the money? I'm guessing shipping would be ex-Chennai and not Milwaukee :)

Emil said:
Oh great. Thanks.

@nehaladsul - your problem is solved. I can discount this sale to cover ganesh's shipping cost if you want ganesh to ship direct to you.

@ganesh - how much would shipping to Mumbai cost and how do I send you the money? I'm guessing shipping would be ex-Chennai and not Milwaukee :)
If this works out..... I am in for this deal...

Just one favour.... Can u pls handle the shipping from ganesh_2218 please..... I don't want to do it as right now it's only me & my sister living at home & we both are out of the house for most of the time......!!!! :p

Also, when d new mouse arrives..... I'll pick up the combo from u...... Don't worry..... I'll pay u in advance.....!!! :p

Thanx.

P.S.: Thanx to ganesh_2218..... in advance.

BTW, are u sure that the mouse & receiver are not a matched pair or sumthing...... Like the receiver is universal..... r u sure of that??

nehaladsul said:
If this works out..... I am in for this deal...

Just one favour.... Can u pls handle the shipping from ganesh_2218 please..... I don't want to do it as right now it's only me & my sister living at home & we both are out of the house for most of the time......!!!! :p

Already paid Ganesh and he has shipped yesterday evening. He says the shipper may take upto 3 days based on his past experience.

nehaladsul said:
Also, when d new mouse arrives..... I'll pick up the combo from u...... Don't worry..... I'll pay u in advance.....!!! :p

Thanx.

Not a problem. When I receive the delivery of the mouse, I will test the set and tell you and we can arrange the exchange of money and items.

nehaladsul said:
P.S.: Thanx to ganesh_2218..... in advance.

BTW, are u sure that the mouse & receiver are not a matched pair or sumthing...... Like the receiver is universal..... r u sure of that??

Yes thanks to Ganesh. This particular model should not be a problem. There is a button on the receiver you click first and then click a similar button on the keyboard and the mouse and they scan and lock radio frequencies. Many newer models like the new one I bought are not like that. They have fixed frequencies.

Hey Ganesh - tested the mouse and it is fine. Thanks for your help.

Hey Nehal - the mouse worked without issue.

Pat said:
If its not sold, I can take it. I am from Mumbai too.
Well actually, I have already finalised the deal...... We just need to meet up & exchange money for goods......

Sorry...... :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Emil said:
Hey Ganesh - tested the mouse and it is fine. Thanks for your help.
Hey Nehal - the mouse worked without issue.
U got my PM....?? I am waiting 4 u to send me ur address.....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ganesh_2218 said:
Thank you. Its an Help that i can do it for you. :)
Thanx a lot mate...... U have really helped both of us a lot.....

Thanx again..... Let me know if I might get any opportunity to return the favour.....

@Pat - thanks for your interest.

Yes as Nehal said, this is more or less a done deal.

Tomorrow we shall meet and complete the transaction. Once Nehal confirms he is happy with the material, we can have the thread closed.

Item purchased.... Working excellently......

iTrust rating exchanged...... Once again, I apologize for being so naive in judging ur maturity....... :p

Thanx.....

Thanx to Ganesh again as well......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back