iOS List Apple iPad Air Competitor tablets to buy

Sun Alice

Recruit
Is there any Android tablet with almost similar competent features as in Apple iPad Air tablet?
The tabs should not exceed the price range.

There is no tablet that will give you the iOS experience other than iOS. if budget is the issue, look for ipad 4 used.

If its just specs, then go for Note 10.1 2014. But again, android experience will be different. I am on my 4th tablet. And all the first 3 were android.
Now i am a iOS tablet convert/fanboi. When buying the Air, i also got the Note 10.1 2014 with it. But used it for a week and returned it.

Look no further than iPad. it will offer the best experience to you whatever your needs are.
Unless you want to share stuffs across different mobiles/camera. need OTG functionality and Mass Storage.

I have been using ipad since first generation and iOS experience is unmatched with any android competitor

http://gizmodo.com/5506692/ipad-is-the-future

I have a question for the masses. Which one, iOs or Android, would you like in the entertainment/control centre for your cars.

I would rather stick to Blaupunkt. no need for fancy features.. just the basics done right.

You are saying that now. The thing is the dash designs have really come a long way since we bought our Palio. I am now considering redesigning the dash with the help of my mechanic and local fabricators and was considering an Android tab as the central console and maybe bluetooth speakers or keeping the Blaupunkt speakers I have and making them bluetooth enabled.
If done right I think mods like these might have a good market in India. So before I get into this seriously, public opinion is warranted. If this was the US, iOs would have been the go to option but in India Android has more users and they will prefer Android.

You are saying that now. The thing is the dash designs have really come a long way since we bought our Palio. I am now considering redesigning the dash with the help of my mechanic and local fabricators and was considering an Android tab as the central console and maybe bluetooth speakers or keeping the Blaupunkt speakers I have and making them bluetooth enabled.
If done right I think mods like these might have a good market in India. So before I get into this seriously, public opinion is warranted. If this was the US, iOs would have been the go to option but in India Android has more users and they will prefer Android.

Apart from Google now I see no other advantage for Smart Dashboard. do we even have time to use Apps while driving in car? and the co-passenger can use his/her tablet peacefully anyway.
For SQ and Quality smart dashboards have long way to go.

Apart from Google now I see no other advantage for Smart Dashboard. do we even have time to use Apps while driving in car? and the co-passenger can use his/her tablet peacefully anyway.
For SQ and Quality smart dashboards have long way to go.

I guess in India you would get all the time since the driver will be stuck in his car all the time due to stupid traffic.

I guess in India you would get all the time since the driver will be stuck in his car all the time due to stupid traffic.
Depends on what place your are driving. :p
Back when i was in Mumbai it is like you said.
Now here where i am currently, its the opposite and the way the people drive, a moments distraction can be dangerous.

I have been using ipad since first generation and iOS experience is unmatched with any android competitor
Such a broad term...

Put it this way, what can you do on an ipad that you cannot do on another.

Apps can be very important here, if an app that you use is only available on one platform then you're stuck with it.

Then there is the investment to put into the ecosystem, bought x apps, then switching cost becomes a burden assuming its possible to begin with.

Am not really sold on the OS experience as with PC's the apps determined what you ultimately used or stuck with.

Has to be said that ipad has managed to hold onto its market share or concede less when compared to iphone.

By your broad logic there shouldn't be any difference between a Rolls Royce and a Nano. Both have sheet metal work, engine and 4 wheels. They take you from point A to point B.

So before I get into this seriously, public opinion is warranted.
This

After that pick whatever OS you want.[DOUBLEPOST=1396368914][/DOUBLEPOST]
By your broad logic there shouldn't be any difference between a Rolls Royce and a Nano. Both have sheet metal work, engine and 4 wheels. They take you from point A to point B.
Actually if the app isn't present you may not be able to get to B.

Last edited:
iPad i believe has lot of iPad specific apps which are formatted and all in such a good way that the experience of using that particular app is far superior on an iPad.
I have iPad 2 and Nexus 7 and i have the TOI app installed in both. The TOI app on Nexus 7 is more of a mobile like website with rows of headlines and nothing else while on iPad, it is a very well formatted display of lot of details and headlines (with pictures and few lines of actual article), segregated properly.
Although this is my personal experience but better quality of apps (vis-a-vis other platforms) is what i would say is a +1 for iPad.

Yes many may comment that now android apps are also coming in tablet format and all that. It may be true and since i don't use my android tab for apps i cannot really comment much in this regard. It is just that the few apps i use, i find them better on iPad.

yeah, ok, this is a common critique of android in that apps aren't optimised for a tab. Its a bit wierd to use portrait on a 10.1 tab but if the app works i put up with it. This is one reason why the 7 inchers tend to do better than 10 inchers where landscape is the norm for everything. What is the norm for a 7 incher ? either orientation works, portrait being better.

Bear in mind that the ipad is a portrait device, for one hand readers to begin with. So there wasn't all that much work required to have apps both on iphone another portrait device and ipad to work.

Thing is once you get used to apps and the way they work, the reason to switch platforms becomes moot. It's a hassle. You get used to the way things are and it becomes the norm, you can get what you want, know how to use the app so unless there are some extenuating circumstances no reason to move elsewhere.

Apple has the head start here, and to managed to hold onto it an important bit of it so far.

Back