Budget Above 25K LG G2 or Nexus 5 or something else ?

1. Budget?
A: 35K
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: IDK-Hope you guys know :D
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Well I don't want Nokia and Samsung
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Anything thats above 5MP will do
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Only Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G,Wifi.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Gaming,browsing,music
10. Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: LG G2 or Nexus 5

Long time visiting the site.

And coming to the phone,it should handle every game thrown at it,and yes of course a good battery life.
But issue with Nexus 5 is average battery life,and G2 and Nexus 5 don't have external memory storage,which is a issue for me.

I want it ASAP.I'll get it today or tomorrow .

Last edited:
You can check HTC One X too.
Nexus 5 isnt that bad with battery life as it gives me enough for the day, with browsing, calls and more than an hr of gaming. Having said that, as u have the budget, LG G2 is the way to go.

Yup. 15 hrs is the average mileage I am getting currently. As I am in office for 9 to 10 hrs, the gaming time is just an hr per day. Otherwise, i use it for some browsing and calls.
Without gaming, it touches the sweet spot of 24 hrs mark.

Overall I am satisfied with the battery performance. And I was a note 2 user not too long ago (read - was using note 2 till last thursday :)) which has a mammoth battery

Note:: These averages are pretty much real time as I have already caliberated the battery.

Thanks once again for the info
I went to the locale stores and found out that G 2 is like 38 K which is out of my budget,so I'll be eyeing for a 32 GB model of Nexus 5.

Edit:Well can I also know the space available for both 16 and 32 Gb versions ?

Last edited:
Thanks Sobirvs for the tip,it will certainly help me.If you know something else that helps in better experience of phone just drop them here :D

Edit:What would be the retail price if I buy it from Sangeeta mobiles or some similar store.I asked in a store they said 32 GB one is 35K,can I bargain there or is that the best price ?

Last edited:
Thanks harishmenace and rakesh_ic.I'll get if from local store,deal was a Phone+Case+screen protector = 36K.I don't trust those guys so I'll get only mobile for 34-35 K,and I'll get case and guard for FK. So any suggestions for Screen protector(s) ?
Hi.. I am not finding time to send you the screenshot of the battery usage as I am coming home late from office. Sorry for that.. I shall ping u for an alternative method if u want though:p

I have ordered gadgetshieldz overall protector, which is a thin film and should be applied wet. I hate to use cases and my phone doesn't fall from my hand. So its the scratches (while taking in and out of jeans, or by keeping it on table and the wear and tear with time) that I need to protect it from. So gadgetshieldz should do it for me.

Hi.. I am not finding time to send you the screenshot of the battery usage as I am coming home late from office. Sorry for that.. I shall ping u for an alternative method if u want though:p

I have ordered gadgetshieldz overall protector, which is a thin film and should be applied wet. I hate to use cases and my phone doesn't fall from my hand. So its the scratches (while taking in and out of jeans, or by keeping it on table and the wear and tear with time) that I need to protect it from. So gadgetshieldz should do it for me.

Applying gadgetshieldz overall protector freaked me out when I saw that on Youtube.I hope someone will help me out in doing it,any other alternatives ?

Applying gadgetshieldz overall protector freaked me out when I saw that on Youtube.I hope someone will help me out in doing it,any other alternatives ?
Yeah it has to be applied wet :)
All such protectors are supposed to be applied that way and so if you think you need a case, go for it. check some hard cases from spigen. Amazon has some collection

@OP, I suggest you buy the dbrand skins (http://www.dbrand.com). Granted it doesn't give any kind of protection to your phone but instead it makes your phone sexy as hell. And in future even if you think abt protection, you can always put a case on the skin as well. Best freaking combination.

Back