Laptop/Netbook - 25-30K

Mohit

Skilled
Please answer the following questions for others to help you out better.

• What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.) - 30K
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming) - Office, Surfing, General
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between) - 12-13" or lesser
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell) - None
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) - Good battery life. Light weight and should run cool. It should be able to play HD content and have a HDMI port.

I am looking for something really lightweight and portable. It should also have a good battery life and run cool. I will not be gaming or anything on this laptop. It will just be used for office work and general surfing. It should have a HDMI port and should be able to play HD content smoothly without stuttering. A backlit keyboard would be very nice though I don't think any netbooks have it.

How about this ?

Samsung NP305E4A-S02IN: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

Beats every other laptop listed above with exceptional graphics.

Dual graphics + 14" in 32k. :O

The above listed doesnt have capable graphics for general work i'll recommend E450 than core i3

I do not need a 14 incher. And it weighs around 2.5 Kgs. I am looking at something around 1.5 kg. Why would an E450 be better than a core i3 for general work as such? And can you suggest some good netbooks with the E450 taking my requirements into account. I was having a look at the Lenovo X120E also but its out of stock almost everywhere except Flipkart and they are increasing its price every day :bomb:

^^ @Mohit Overall experience, core i3 is better in cpu performance but graphics sucks. Also battery consumption and heating on Core i3 is way more than E450 .

E450 will fetch you around 6-7 hours of backup with great working experience, however Core i3 will not be able to fetch 4 hours of so with same capacity cell. Have used many core based lappies and they really get hot in Indian climate irrespective of weather.

Hp Dm1 or Sony YB with E450 should be decent enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ DarkStar

Thanks. I am considering the following options in order of priority:

1. Lenovo X120 E - if it comes back in stock on Sulekha or Indiaplaza anytime soon
2. Hp DM1Z 4003AU
3. Sony YB Series

now that the lenovo X120 is no more,would like to know which is better among the
Sony YB series or the HP DM1?

Also there is Samsung NP305U1A-A07IN. I'll particularly stay away from HP DM1 as the first gen netbooks with E350 used to heat up and the fan was noisy too. I know these are most probably fixed in subsequent models but still going blindly for the latest ones won't be best idea. Else waiting for Sony Vaio YB with E2-1800 makes sense too. If nothing else, you get the name of having the latest Brazos processor.

Back