Laptop for Maya animation under Rs.60,000

guys i need your help in buying laptop which can run Maya 3D Animation software

without any problem or issues of lagging etc

Brand - Any brand best for laptop configuration

Processor - i5 or i7 (which ever best for Animation)

HDD- 500 GB or More

Battery - standard

Sceen size -15 or 17 inch

Ram -Atleast 4GB

os - without os will do just fine

Budget - Rs. 60,000

Location - Mumbai

please suggest quickly, because it is urgent

thanking in advance

XPS 15 with a FHD Screen and GT540M..

Go for it!! Very good laptop with great battery Life..

I own one with GT525M and HD screen and get 4-5Hrs with WiFi Browsing alone
<

You wont get [font=arial, sans-serif]Nvidia's Quadro series cards in consumer laptops, look for business laptops of major brands.[/font]

An HP DV6 with it's configuration would be really cool.

However, the XPS 15 with customized configuration @ 60k is a killer option too!

@OP- If you can increase you budget by 5k, you can put XPS to shame
<

Just check out Asus N55sf.

Config-

i7 + 8GB + GT555 (192 shaders) + FHD + Bluray @ 65k !! Now your Maya will surely render faster
<

I have an xps 15 540gt ,i7 ,accidental care 3yrs ... Check the classified for details..I may reconsider the pricing a bit...

hi.. gunjan. . i am an animator myself and use maya 2010. i hope u do realize, that u dont need a very fast machine just to run maya. that is mainly required if u wanna use your laptop for rendering purposes. as long as animation is concerned,

i have my hp dv6 1211ax with 2.1 ghz amd turion processor, 4 gb ram, win 7 64 bit, maya 2010 64 bit and ati radeon hd 4650 card.. and maya runs absolutely fine..

its just that when i put the laptop for rendering, i feel i should have some ultra fast desktop rig.. but then rendering is something that will always make your computer look slow.. u will always want a faster one..

so basically, your 60K budget is an excellent budget for a laptop. you can even go for amd processors and in turn get excellent configs. on your graphics cards.. check out hp for amd processor laptops. Intel i5 and i7 are unnecessarily very overpriced..

check out any of the hp dv6 series, asus laptops are also quite good although i am not sure about the service issues..

and i respect you to be open minded about buying without OS. lots of money wasted on it.. u will get excellent options in ASUS and ACER with laptops without OS preinstalled.. HP , Dell, and almost every other company is going to provide all laptops with preloaded OS.

Back