laptop buying advice

hello everyone...well i need to buy a laptop..please advice me sincerely with all the pros and cons and other models of my range if u feel will be good..list all the pros and cons whatever you feel....

i am an engg student.basic work includes games(just light ones like counter strike,nfs,etc etc..not professional ones),movies,songs,internet,social networking..also some engg software like matlab,etc etc..my dad will also use the laptop so tally also...
my range is between 25k-34k...not a single penny above that....

i have selected two models on my end...one is

1) HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/Win 7 Home Basic/1GB Graphics.....its price is 33,300.....

2) ASUS K53SD i3/4gb ram/ 500 gb hdd/ original DOS / 2G nvidia graphics card..price is approx 31k...

so now my query is please advice me the best one......
2) is AMD QUAD CORE PROCESSOR BETTER THAN i3 intel...???? how come it is better???? i dnt have knowledge about AMD processors....its quad core,so wont it produce a lot of heat??? moreover in india maximum people trust intel....so how will you compare between AMD and intel??? please advice in detail....

also let me know that what all does maintainance includes of laptop and what will it actually cost me??? i want a least maintainable laptop i mean which requires less money for batter and charger and other repairs.....i heard that DELL battery original is worth 5k...?? so need some brand which has less cost of such things....

please reply to all the queries.

reply at the urgent....

thanking you all....
regards
rishabh kejriwal

2) is AMD QUAD CORE PROCESSOR BETTER THAN i3 intel...???? how come it is better????

If you consider overall performance i3 is generally faster than A8 but A8 performs better in some tasks too. But overall the HP laptops kicks out most if not all sub 35k notebooks. Mainly cause the list of pros is lot more than whats bad about the 2005AX (i'll list it shortly). If you are ok with old games (think about it. its end of road if you choose a wrong one) and want top notch performance in heavy simulation softwares, choose 3rd gen i5 based HP 2000 2116TU. HD4000 will handle all old games and even run modern games at playable frames.

HP G6 2005AX:
1. A8 4500M matches 2nd gen i3 (i5 should perform better cause of aggressive Intel turbo whereas AMD turbo is still in early stages)
2. Original Windows.
3. Slightly better battery life under load (cause of 47Whr battery vs 56Whr in Asus) and way better idle time.
4. 4GB 1600Mhz ram (helps the integrated graphics in a big way)
5. Lighter
6. Better display (Asus is always criticized for poor display panels)
7. HD7670 is better than GT630 (Asus one have GT610 :D) and Xfired graphics performs really close to Kepler based GT640 (but Xfire of dGPU + fGPU too is not mature enough)
8. You get HP bag + few goodies (depends on shopkeeper)
9. Runs cool when both GPU & proccy are not taxed same time (acceptable temp under load)
10. Chicklet Keyboard

Only things that are against the HP G6 laptop: price is still high. Should be 30k but still acceptable. battery is small so backup will be less than what Trinity review shows.

i dnt have knowledge about AMD processors....its quad core,so wont it produce a lot of heat???

NO. It doesn't heat up like most Intel quad cores. Mainly cause you are looking at a 1.9Ghz quad compared to those 2.5-2.8Ghz and moreover if you go into details Intel is using 22nm processing node i.e. the density of transistor in their processor is way more than that of AMD and cause heat can't escape properly it heats up the whole processor. Even Intel admits this (same happened with pentium 4 when it was transited from 130nm to 90nm).

moreover in india maximum people trust intel....so how will you compare between AMD and intel??? please advice in detail....

Ask those "most peoples" advantages of having Intel processor compared to AMD. They'll give you reasons that will make your laugh so badly that your belly will start to ache. Most have no idea what a processor is or looks like and they trust Intel cause 99% laptop/PC and now mobile ads shows one thing "Powered by Intel". Intel processors are fast but games won't run just cause it has an Intel processor. After all its just a piece of processed silicon. Most peoples who bough Atom based netbook just cause it is powered by Intel have learnt their lesson.

In the 20-30k section, AMD has many excellent laptops but once you cross 35k, its Intel territory.

also let me know that what all does maintainance includes of laptop and what will it actually cost me??? i want a least maintainable laptop i mean which requires less money for batter and charger and other repairs.....i heard that DELL battery original is worth 5k...?? so need some brand which has less cost of such things....

mainly the battery will be dead in 2-2.5yrs if you use laptop on battery most of the time but if you follow some proper measures battery can be used for as much as 4yrs after which you'll most likely need to change it anyway. Also most original battery cost ~5k regardless of it being from Dell, HP, Asus or Sony.

In the 20-30k section, AMD has many excellent laptops but once you cross 35k, its Intel territory.

Hey sam, i bought a i5 2500 non k + asus h67 atx+ gtx 560 recently. i choose it instead of fx 8150, which cost less. its for gaming and cad/simulation (electronics). i am still a bit worried about me decision is right or wrong. What you think. I thought fx is better for video/3d work which i dont need, and is future proof. but who is gonna stick with current pc forever.

Back