Security Software Kaspersky Internet security eating my band width

Just installed Win7 ultimate and got a 30 day trial version of 2013 Kaspersky internet security. The AV is awesome , but it is eating my bandwidth.
It takes ~200MB everyday. I think it is taking the same as firefox. (eg: If firefox has consumed 500mb for browsing , kaspersky is taking another 500mb. ).
How do I fix this? Same happens with other browsers too.

Thanks

Never heard like that. Been a kis user for the past 5 years. No problem like you said.

If its first time you installed, it download all prior updates till today, probably 200-300mb and after that it take minor downloads.

Ps. If you keep on plan on changing the OS frequently, I suggest you to save the updates to your hdd and use it again by changing he update source rather than updating all again.

Never had such an issue with KIS, having used it for more than 3 years. Maybe those are the initial updates. Thereafter, every day it will consume hardly 2 to 3mb.

First do tell us how did you find out that KIS is consuming that much of bandwidth.

Check if the update is successfully installed or not. If not there should be an option to download the update and manually present it to KIS. Check that out.
It might be possible that the update is failing and its keeps on retying to download.

First do tell us how did you find out that KIS is consuming that much of bandwidth.

Check if the update is successfully installed or not. If not there should be an option to download the update and manually present it to KIS. Check that out.
It might be possible that the update is failing and its keeps on retying to download.
No that wont be. Because it lefts where it before stops.
Maybe the OP is getting weird info like data consumed.
@6pack Nod32 is good but no way for avast.
Started with Norton on 2002(machine lags) and shifted to AVG & Avast - been installing os every week as it flushed with virus. Then Finally shifted to KIS, till now there no lag or virus or whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys
I'm sorry. I was using "Shia bandwidth meter" to check internet usage and just now found out that it has been showing wrong info. INstaled another software and it shows 20mb consumption whereas Shia BWM is showing 120MB.
It was working fine untill last month. Thanks for trying to help. Everything is working fine now :)

Back