iPad 4 vs Nexus 10

I only have high quality rips. Nothing less than 10GB when it comes to Movies.

It can be your router.

- - - Updated - - -

none of my business...but is it like a religion thing where you are trying to convert him into an apple fanboy??

"Dont even think of doing that" .... really? is it so unimaginably bad if he hates the closed walls?

Precisely..none!Using an ipad does not make one Apple fanboy.

and swearing to not switch from a pad you are fed up of does make you a fanboy...and that is what you asked the OP to do....just stick with it and never think about switching to anything that works

I am actually fed up with Android,used Android till ICS right from the cupcake days.
The newer JB phones are in fact pretty good,Note II is better than ip5(other than the crappy camera) but Android Tablets are still not comparable to ipad.
N10 does have a very nice screen,but the battery life and overall feel is way behind even the ipad2,let alone 3rd or 4th gen.
Honestly,is there any single app like Pages or Keynote or Garageband in Android market!?
I have even presented in seminars straight from an iPad.

Let me step in before this turns into an Android vs iOS thread.

Frankly speaking, it will be a lot easier for me to just buy the N10 because I would be right in my comfort zone. I would just install the 10 apps i always do and be done.

However the reason I went ahead and bought the iPad 4 even when everything was telling me not to was because I wanted to experience it firsthand and not just go on hearsay.I opened this thread and I saw that people were happy with both tablets, so I was assured that it wouldn't be that bad if I gave it a try.

Till yesterday I was ready to give up on iOs because i couldn't find an app which could replicate something I desired. Today though I might not have got exactly what I was looking for, but after a long time I am finally trying something new. This software ArkMC has made me start on a long time dream of having my own XBMC enable NAS. It was on the back burner for a long time, but now since this software works well with libraries only, I finally might make enough effort to set up my own NAS.

Sorry to barge into this thread, but I need to select a tablet as soon as possible. Nexus 10 and iPad4 being the top choices(and keeping Nexus 7 and Note 10.1 on the list). I always wanted to buy the Nexus 10 because every gadget in my house is on android( S3, Note, Nexus S, Xoom, Defy) and for me it just works(yes, android!) from drag and drop to streaming and everything in between, there is actually nothing to think and everything works as I expect it to. I can also use things like NFC, GPS Wifi Drect etc. My primary usage would be for gaming, media, browsing, with decreasing importance. Im not so interested in casual games like angry birds, fruit ninja, temple run, subway surfers, jetpack joyride etc though they are nice to have. Actually interested in 3d fps, adventure, action etc. Though I could never get myself to buy an apple device(I used a 4s for ~a month) Im willing to give the iPad a chance, but it does come with personal disadvantages for me. My concerns are will it be able to communicate with my android devices for file transfers etc and will they gel together seamlessly, can I stream something from the ipad to my tv? I currently use dlna on my android phones and they can access each others media and the media from my desktop and laptop. And there is no way I can expand the storage using a pendrive. It seems like there is no way to connect it to wifi which requires a proxy. And most of all there is no jailbreak yet :)ashamed:). I dont know what to do. With poeple saying gaming is so much more better on the iPad, I cant decide with anything. I can just go out now and buy an iPad or order a nexus 10 and get it in 10 days for about the same price. But want to take some decision fast. Please help. Also does the student discount apply on iPad? How to I differentiate between iPad 3 and 4?
msankadi rdst_1

- - - Updated - - -

Need to take a decision today or tomorrow.

As I said earlier you cant go wrong with the N10...and I can assure you that the tablet apps for android would surpass ios in 1 year just like the phone apps did very recently (android is going to be the first to hit 1 billion apps according to estimates). About games, I havent tried many games on my N10 since I do my gaming on xbox...about the movie and tv experience I can say it is a mouth watering experience

And before I forget...the butter feel from project butter is so buttery on N10 that you wouldnt have seen any android device so smooth before (may be nexus 4 but nothing else)

#artikle - Well I am not much of a gamer, but I must tell you that since I bought this iPad 4, I have been gaming more often.
I have been playing online with my friends games like Virtual table Tennis HD and may more. Also there are apps like Appoday and Appoftheday which provide you a free app everyday and most of the times these are popular games. They make available a free app everyday. I just downloaded Cute Kill and am enjoying a shooting game for the first time.

But since I don't game much, the other situation, DLNA streaming is cumbersome to say the least, especially for people coming over from Android. So I am gonna put my iPad 4 on sale today in the MP. Have a look if you are interested.

^Your sig :) My primary goal is playing games like Modern Combat 4 without stutter with full effects. It stutters slightly on my Note if I use the max graphics mod and it seems like it slightly stutters on the Nexus 10 presently(still unoptimised?) and I couldnt care less for UI smoothness. I dont care if the UI stutters or lags as long as the games are fine, so that will not be a reason for me to get the iPad. I can either get the best droid out there and be happy or maybe get the best of both worlds. Also I dont care for tablet apps either, never have I felt there is a lack or apps felt too blown up on tablets, so even that is not a disadvantage for Nexus 10, but I dont want to buy a new device on which the games still freaking stutter :( But my biggest disadvantages with the iPad is no OTG(or is there any way?), no jailbreak(big disadvantage), streaming is cumbersome as posted.

Thanks @msankadi @rdst_1
Also could someone tell me how to connect the iPad to Wifi network requiring proxy? In android we have advanced options to enter these. Also is it possible to transfer music to or from an iPad to an android device in any way?(wifi direct etc) without need of any router. And about the student discount...

- - - Updated - - -

Also none of my friends have an ios device, thanks to me :p

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: I'll either buy the iPad today locally or order a Nexus 10 from ibhejo

- - - Updated - - -
@red dragon it would be helpful if you could answer my questions. Thanks :)

- - - Updated - - -

Need to decide by night :(

Last edited by a moderator:
^My college wifi uses a proxy to give access along with wpa2 enterprise security. How do you connect the iPad to such a connection? And I did not understand the use of the above app.

Other than DLNA/UPnP(easiest way of sharing digital media)there are two other common network protocols.FTP and SMB.
FTP is one of the standard protocols to share files over a network (e.g. the internet). SMB, also known as ‘Samba’, is the default way to share files and folders from Windows desktops, but you can also enable it on Mac OS X (System Preferences -> File Sharing -> Options) and add it to Linux.
Main features of ES explorer we’re concerned about are the ability to connect to remote network shares. This means you can view the contents of folders that are shared on your computer and, as a result, the video files therein.
With OPlayer you can do pretty much the exact same thing.
I can not make myself clearer.

Ok. I now understand. And so, DLNA is supported by default? Like, I can stream videos or music to my TV from the iPad through DLNA? and please answer the wifi question, or are you not aware of it?

Regarding your wifi query,it should not be difficult,as there is proxy settings option in wifi setting,select manual setting,fill in the settings,make sureIf your proxy server requires you to login to it before it allows you to use it, make sure you slide Authentication to ON and input your login credentials.
Thats it!

Till yesterday I was ready to give up on iOs because i couldn't find an app which could replicate something I desired. Today though I might not have got exactly what I was looking for, but after a long time I am finally trying something new. This software ArkMC has made me start on a long time dream of having my own XBMC enable NAS. It was on the back burner for a long time, but now since this software works well with libraries only, I finally might make enough effort to set up my own NAS.

lol what happened today bro!!!!

http://www.techenclave.com/sell-trade-products/3-days-used-ipad-4-a-143995/

Well i tried converting to every format I could but it just couldnt play any 1080p content. 720p is fine.
Also i am not that big a gamer and too much used to native google apps.
Let me give you an example. Say there is an email address in a message. When you click on it, in Android you are given an option of the various email apps that are installed and you can choose any one of them.
On my iPad I have Gmail installed but whenever i click on any email address, it always takes me to Apple's Mail app. This and many people other small things and i got fedup. I dont have a clue but the facebook app never could open my News Feed. It shows my friend list, my status stream and everything but not my news feed and i have downloaded it like a thousand times. Also if I type a long reply l like this Tapatalk HD would never post it. I had to post it in parts.
So it just got the better of my patience.

bro i have gone through your phase too
i tried every tablet then settled for ipad because a good reader that didnt crash was not there on android at that time

but on my phone i couldnt bear the restrictions of apple so settled for S3

- - - Updated - - -

i tried every tablet then settled for ipad because a good reader that didnt crash was not there on android at that time

- - - Updated - - -

anyways you did the right decision

even i tried a lot to satisf myself with iphone 4s but finally gave up and nowadays in last 2-3months android apps are suddenly starting to get really smooth and stutter free with great interfaces
try Zime for calendar and many other apps,
am now truly watching the android tablet scenario to pick up and i will switch party again

i aint no fanboy, am a intelligent consumer :p

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. But then i compared the no of books I read to the no of videos I watch. I tried to look at the positive aspects but like I said my patiences wore off eventually.
Also these days apps on Android are nearly as good if not better as they are on iOS.

even i tried a lot to satisf myself with iphone 4s but finally gave up and nowadays in last 2-3months android apps are suddenly starting to get really smooth and stutter free with great interfaces
try Zime for calendar and many other apps,
am now truly watching the android tablet scenario to pick up and i will switch party again

i aint no fanboy, am a intelligent consumer
tongu23e.gif

- - - Updated - - -

rdst_1 please clear ur inbox

Back