Intel Core i7-4770k previewed, Haswell brings improvements

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Intel is busy preparing for the release of their next generation microprocessors based on their Core microarchitecture. Code name Haswell, Intel aims to drastically reduce the power consumption of some of the chips based off this architecture. Additionally, Haswell brings the usual performance improvements with the processor now built on a more matured 22nm process (before moving to 14nm next year). Today, TomsHardware posted their preview of the Intel Core i7-4770k which will be the flagship desktop and by default fastest Haswell chip to be sold when launched in a couple of months.
Intel Core i7-4770k Preview

The Intel Core i7-4770k out performs the previous generation Ivy Bridge chip at almost every turn (also based on 22nm) and the Core i7-2600k based Sandy Bridge CPU is almost out of context in comparison (but mind you, the Sandy Bridge CPU is still insanely fast).

[wzslider autoplay="true"]

The Intel Core i7-4770k packs Intel's HD 4600 GPU. Whether the die packs 64 MB of L4 cache or not, we cannot say but it looks like it does not. Performance improvement is good, but considering Intel really took it seriously and were really working hard on improving it, we aren't all that impressed. Then again, nobody would buy a Intel Core i7-4770k to game with the IGP in the first place.

Intel's Core "Haswell" line of desktop processors are expected to launch in June, 2013.

Source

Back