Car & Bike Insurance Option for 10 year old Pulsar 150

sbhas2k

Adept
All

I have recently purchased Pulsar 150 (2002) model and now it is due for insurance (already expired). What are my options now ?

Previous insurance is from "The New insurance india" company. I visited http://www.easyinsuranceindia.com and tired to review/find the best option, but it was written that the vehicle is more than 10 years old and only third party insurance is available (only from Oriental) ?

Should i go for renewal with that company ? Also i have registered the vehicle to my name yet (planning to do next month as my leave and license will be available then). So should i renew under my name or the old owner name.

Thanks in advance

1. Always renew under your own name. In case of any issue/claim, you need owners signature etc.

2. Third party from oriental or new india will be cheap and minimum needed by law. Make sure you understand what third party insurance is, and that you will not get any money to fix any damage to your vehicle in case of an accident.

1. Always renew under your own name. In case of any issue/claim, you need owners signature etc.

2. Third party from oriental or new india will be cheap and minimum needed by law. Make sure you understand what third party insurance is, and that you will not get any money to fix any damage to your vehicle in case of an accident.

The vehicle is not under my name, so can i renew under my name ?

No. Insurance will be under owner name only. Either wait till transfer is done, or get third party (should be cheap), and then look at transferring it to your name or just get new one.

No. Insurance will be under owner name only. Either wait till transfer is done, or get third party (should be cheap), and then look at transferring it to your name or just get new one.

Can you suggest third party insurance companies. As of now i just got hold of "Oriental". Also seems normal insurance companies won't provide insurance as the vehicle is > 10 years old.

Back