Install Windows from Hiren boot cd

Soyab0007

Gamer
Adept
My DVD drive stop working today when i am installing windows xp....
I had hiren Usb Boot Cd in my pen drive through which i can open mini windows..

I have OS store in my HDD (windows 7 & Windows xp)
is there any way i can fresh install Windows 7 or Xp from Hiren Boot Cd or from Command prompt...

Try this - WintoFlash

It allows you to copy bootable Windows setup disk image as a bootable USB drive (a la unetbootin for linux). I've used it for Windows XP, it works but is very slow and not as simple as installing off CD, of course what ultimately matters is it works and doesn't require you to replace ur drive. :) Win7 might be faster. [I think slow winxp might be due to some USB HS drivers not present in Windows XP setup.]

^ Copy installation source of XP on your pen drive with hiren boot cd ( or let say hiren boot pen drive :D) ... so u will have both hiren boot cd and XP source n same drive.

boot into dos and start install or XP from "i386" folder by running "winnt.exe"

not sure about Win7 setup if it can be done from DOS or not but XP can be done for sure :)

he wants to use hirens boot cd

and yes you can install from HBCD - mount the second drive which has the windows xx install files

and run it from there

u can boot to dos in HBCD or the basic Windows as well

Just a FYI, there's an option called "backup tools" in HBCD. Within it is a program called "acronis true image enterprise edition". Install windows xp via dos, drivers and then backup c drive using acronis. It takes around 2-3 minutes.

I am not a very technically inclined person but you mentioned that
PHP:
is there any way i can fresh install Windows 7 or Xp from Hiren Boot Cd or from Command prompt...

Press F12 at the time of restart, enter boot menu > boot from HDD option > direct it to windows 7 on the drive.

Try the utility on the link

A Bootable USB: Utility to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista, Server 2008 and 7 - Tweaking with Vishal

How to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista? - Tweaking with Vishal

If you are keen on XP. Install Windows 7, it has an XP mode. You can get it from the link. You can have the best of both worlds. I have Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Works amazing. Prefer it over XP and I dont even use the XP mode. Service Pack 1 will soon release anyway for Win 7

Download Windows XP Mode

Hope it works. As I mentioned not technically inclined but I do play around. :eek:hyeah:

I am not a very technically inclined person but you mentioned that
PHP:

Press F12 at the time of restart, enter boot menu > boot from HDD option > direct it to windows 7 on the drive.

Try the utility on the link

A Bootable USB: Utility to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista, Server 2008 and 7 - Tweaking with Vishal

How to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista? - Tweaking with Vishal

If you are keen on XP. Install Windows 7, it has an XP mode. You can get it from the link. You can have the best of both worlds. I have Windows 7 ultimate 64bit. Works amazing. Prefer it over XP and I dont even use the XP mode. Service Pack 1 will soon release anyway for Win 7

Download Windows XP Mode

Hope it works. As I mentioned not technically inclined but I do play around. :eek:hyeah:

let me bump it as i am in trouble

my friends laptop is not booting from CD as it has got more than 150 different viruses [almost 98% have been removed by me ]

his lappy has XP sp1 :mad: and it was a nightmare for me to find a antivirus that work on sp1 , finally got quick heal and avast to work

deletd too many virusus and its too messed up now and its not starting even so decided to do fresh install xp sp3

now i have only 1 choice to install it through usb

i tried heren boot but dont know how to start the setup for XP

please guide [i am bad at DOS :ashamed: so please give detail instructions what ever method u suggest]

waiting for the reply guys

I had a similar issue (not viruses). Since I had a non functioning optical drive, I booted through Hiren's boot cd (usb) . I had copied a ghosted image of WinXP that I got via *questionable* sources. Used the ghost software to restore WinXP and then rebooted and changed the key to the one I have.

viridian said:
I had a similar issue (not viruses). Since I had a non functioning optical drive, I booted through Hiren's boot cd (usb) . I had copied a ghosted image of WinXP that I got via *questionable* sources. Used the ghost software to restore WinXP and then rebooted and changed the key to the one I have.

please tell me the procedure .... first i made usb bootable [tutorial available at hiren site] then copied every thing of heren CD to the pendrive

also copied the content of the XP CD image to the pendrive as well[i have 3 images.... dont ask from where :p]

now i have XP cd content + heren conten on pendrive ten connected pendrive to laptop [where XP has to be installed]

booted, got to the menu but dont know what to do after that .... please tell me what to do next :huh:

tried many options [mini XP] but did not got the method to install xp

For installing win7 its easy using pendrive...
Step 1: open the image of the win7 dvd in a virtual drive.
Step2: copy all the content to a formated pendrive.(pendrive must be empty)..

...Thats all..The pen is now bootable...I have tried this....

Back