Infy Selection Process

I had a schedule Infy interview today. Had two rounds:
1. Technical: The technical round was good. Answered most of the questions. Interviewer also asked some trick questions of which 50% I answered. Dint do well on others but interviewer was happy and just said "yeah you need to read more". (not sure if thats good or bad?)
2. HR: In the HR round, there werent any questions. Just that whether I can provide proof for education, employment, my name and location preference. I was also told based on my technical round I would be offered a particular role + my package will be 30k more than what I asked (does it mean I asked a bit low?).

But still I was asked to leave and HR will inform in 7-10 days. Whats up with that? Any Infy guys can help? :unsure:
This is my first selection process after 5 long years.:ashamed:

Dont worry they will contact You or send u the offer letter on ur provided mail id. Just wait for the said time, if they didn,t contact u then call them and follow up. and what i,ve heard this year they will be recruiting laterals in abundance so u might have good chance. And can u just pm me the role they have offered u and the package, just want to evaluate my option.

I was also told based on my technical round I would be offered a particular role + my package will be 30k more than what I asked (does it mean I asked a bit low?).

Ha Ha Ha...I remember that feeling...Best of luck..

Most probably its a no.
Had experienced with something like this? After fluffing 50% of tricky questions and being reminded to go back and read, I also thought no. But then whats the point in knowing about whether I have the documents, 60% throughout and 30k more than the ask? That raised some hope. Still maybe a no. :(

What is your area of expertise? Do post some of the questions too :)
BI. Hyperion to be exact. it was rapid fire round. Interviewer had 10 page sheet and read questions from it. So dont remember many of those. Heck there were instances even interviewer got some things wrong. Example: I told him I know classic Planning. Still he insisted on EPMA questions like associations. But due to the rapid fire nature I couldnt even correct him.
What 'kind' of interview was it?
If you mean - walkin or scheduled, it was a scheduled interview.

Then you have a good chance of getting offer latter.
They will email it to you withing 1 month (max) or whatever time mentioned in the interview T&C.
Touch wood. Fingers crossed. While checking on monster I found they are still looking for people, a new posting was done today.

There has been a hitch. I got the letter today asking me to join on 18th March. Problem is I had informed during the HR round that my NP is 2 mths; negotiable up to 45 days. I had a chat with my TL (a good friend), he told me a weird policy - I am not allowed an early release during the FY cycle. Now I need to ask the infy HR for an extension on the joining date. How good are they in such considerations?

There has been a hitch. I got the letter today asking me to join on 18th March. Problem is I had informed during the HR round that my NP is 2 mths; negotiable up to 45 days. I had a chat with my TL (a good friend), he told me a weird policy - I am not allowed an early release during the FY cycle. Now I need to ask the infy HR for an extension on the joining date. How good are they in such considerations?

They will most probably consider. Which DC (city) you joining ?

Back