Audio IEM similar to M1 or GR02 BE - 2/2.5K

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hello folks,

Recently my brothers Tekfusion stopped working. I have passed on my VSonic GR02 Bass Edition to him as of now. I m looking to get something similar in nature. Earlier I used to own M1 which I lost in IPL match. I was very much satisfied with M1; specially bass with clarity and sound stage.

Source would be either iPhone 4 or Lumia 720. Majorly hindi music along with bands like Iron Maiden, Hinder, 3 Doors down, etc.

Budget is in range of 2-2.5k.

@vyral_143 2-2.5k is less budget for a good IEm as all the prices are gone up :( . In that budget you could try Sound Magic E10 available at 2k. Build quality may not be good but all reviews are positive about these :)

You could also try these form the sale thread - Klipsch S4
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/klipsch-s4-and-sennhieser-hd-515.153936/

I have personally used S4, they are good at bass and soundstage :)

I need signature of IEMs to be similar to M1 or GR02 BE. If I m sticking to that league, how much increase in budget is required ?

Hey vyral143
What is it you liked and disliked about the GR02BE? Also, what didn't you like about the M1?
This will help us narrow down our suggestions.

I have only heard the M1. However the T-peos Popular might be somewhere between the GR02BE and M1(closer to the M1) as far as sound sig goes,and definitely up there in value. Correct me if I am wrong, @abhi_jollyguy :)
The clarity is very good on the Popular(except for some slight harshness in the treble) with some good quality bass. The stage isn't oustanding, but has a unique resonant feel to it.

@kenpachiroks I will try to put this as accurate I can describe/feel about both of the IEMs.

Brainwavz M1
For: Detail-clarity (lesser muddy), decent sound-stage
Against: Bass, I felt it was limited but thought it is compensation for detail-clarity

VSonic Gr02 BE
For: Bass is better than M1, clarity is somewhat same to M1 or at times better - able to notice some sound/instrument in same song
Against: feel like there is some faint layer which still needs to get cleared for better or clarity of vocals atleast

GR02 BE improved in bass, IMO, compared to M1 but lost some say 5-7% of clarity or may be GR02's gold coating have faded and have it's effect, it's just a wild guess.

Please excuse my noobness :confused:

Last edited:
Hey vyral143
What is it you liked and disliked about the GR02BE? Also, what didn't you like about the M1?
This will help us narrow down our suggestions.

I have only heard the M1. However the T-peos Popular might be somewhere between the GR02BE and M1(closer to the M1) as far as sound sig goes,and definitely up there in value. Correct me if I am wrong, @abhi_jollyguy :)
The clarity is very good on the Popular(except for some slight harshness in the treble) with some good quality bass. The stage isn't oustanding, but has a unique resonant feel to it.

I have not heard the M1 but I have extensively heard GR02 B.E. and Popular.

For the M1, what I have gathered from joker review is this that M1 is kind of balanced sounding IEM with a minor emphasis on mid-range.

If the OP is looking for M1 kind of sound signature but in a improved way so VSonic R02 Silver, it has same signature as M1 but improved in sound quality. In other words, it is a upgraded version of Brainwavz M1. If the OP is ready to spend around 4k+ so without a doubt FIDUE A63 is the best and significantly upgraded sound signature of the Brainwavz M1.

If the OP needs the upgrade for VSonic GR02 BE so VSD1 is the better choice here.

I cannot think of any IEM at present now which is available at around his budget level and that too in India or even internationally other than the ones I have mentioned in this post.

Not looking to extend budget beyond 2.5k +/-10%.

I feel GR02 BE have better suited signature, overall. So similar signature in mentioned budget, if available, would be great but looks like that is tough :(

Not looking to extend budget beyond 2.5k +/-10%.

I feel GR02 BE have better suited signature, overall. So similar signature in mentioned budget, if available, would be great but looks like that is tough :(

In this case, my money would be definitely on the T-Peos popular. T-Peos Popular has bass quantity like M1 but sound signature like VSonic GR02 Bass Edition with less V-Shaped signature and better clarity. I hope if this helps you. Popular also has better bass quality.

Today found out that Tekfusion one has issues only with Lumia 720. They are working fine with my iPhone 4 and mom's Galaxy Ace.

In India who sells and handles warranty for T-Peos ? if anyone.

Back