PC Peripherals HYPER 212 EVO.................SOLID BUILD?

I have bought hyper 212 EVO on Jan,2012 for 2000/-

After a year during a general cleaning of my PC i noticed that the four spring screws of the X CLAMP have caught RUST. One of the screws with backplate nut has become so stubborn and stained that i was unable to open it.

It was only in the last month that again during cleaning process i dipped that rusted one in coconut oil for hours and while tried to open it with Cutting pliers it has just broke and got apart with the broken piece inside the nut.

PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

Any suggestion what to do now. not wanting to buy a whole new set again.

Coconut oil does not work on already rusted parts. Dip it in some tomato ketchup or white vinegar for an hour or two and then try.
About the back plate and screws you will have to get a new one. No use putting rusted components inside a comp. It won't be strong enough to bear the weight of the cooler.

There's a cm rep here. See if he can help. Else you might have to buy a new cooler or use non standard screws etc. See if such screws are available in local hardware store. Possibility is very slim though.

And I was thinking of buying this cooler! I had the Ultima 90 and it never rusted! . When will Thermalright come to India?

I read of some users black ultima coolers warping/ rusting here on TE itself. Btw, even I was going to buy the 212x or evo. Plan dropped at last moment since stock cooler (of cm make) was more than adequate for my needs.:D

I read of some users black ultima coolers warping/ rusting here on TE itself. Btw, even I was going to buy the 212x or evo. Plan dropped at last moment since stock cooler (of cm make) was more than adequate for my needs.:D
Stock is adequate but these CPU coolers are just much more silent + drop temps.

Back