Humble audio setup

sarang

Skilled
Been living in a bad Audio-Marriage for a while with a Denon 1611 paired with a Paradigm Monitor Titans. :ashamed:

Finally took all the corrective measures made the Denon-Titans file for divorce and look what partners they found for themselves. Kids these days I tell you... :p

IMG_3043.JPG

First the Titans. These babies were tough to mate with, they dated a Marantz 5004, 6003; CA 650, Even the Denon PMA710AE the first two they brushed aside as too bright and the Denon oh no please don't even mention it when the Titans are around. :mad: Finally they found their soul-mate in the NAD326 BEE. Both of them are still trying to burn the NAD in or whatever that means. But they seem to be madly in love and have been singing ever since they've been paired.

Then it was time to find them matching stands and magma (Ali) from SoundFoundations came to the rescue. He made a perfectly suited 22" SAL-Alif for them to stand tall.

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

Then it was the petty issue of the source and the TubeMagic D1 offered to serve the lovely couple. They are still trying to figure out the best way to use the D1, trying it out as a Tube Pre and sometimes as just the DAC. Both have distictly different signatures and they are still trying to figure which they would eventually settle for.

IMG_3046.JPG

November142011

November142011

The DAC needed some company to feed it with some content and a e6850 and G31 is just the right choice for the time being. Headless, fanless and served off a NAS is how the CoolerMaster Elite360 housed monster rolls.

IMG_3049.JPG

The beautiful bonding is strengthened by a worthy friendship band (ghey I know) from Audioquest, the G-Snake

IMG_3059.JPG

So finally The Stereo-Brotherhood

IMG_3050.JPG

Next is the Denon 1611. Chuffed at being left alone in the company of oldies like Panasonic 50PV80D, PS3, and TataSky HD the Denon was bored of merely playing the HDMI switch. So in comes his much younger and beautiful arm-candy, the Harman Kardon HKTS-9.

IMG_3054.JPG

The 5.1 chick packs a few tricks up her sleeve.

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3057.JPG

Now the Stereo family are nice folks and live in harmony and I love listening to their sweet musings. But these guys leave no stone unturned when they make "it". Gosh do they wake up the neighborhood! Makes me ashamed at times, but what can I do, too perverted to miss all the fun these monsters make. :p

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

Link to the Picasa Album for you pervs to spill some drool.

Awesome setup Sarang! Demands a visit to your home next time I am at Pune. Thumbnails don't do justice. Please post bigger snaps. :)

And those stands for the bookshelves look very elegant and sturdy. How heavy are they? Have you filled sand inside those pipes? What were the damages? Asking this since I might need a pair soon. Take good care of the D1 will you? :p

Gannu said:
Awesome setup Sarang! Demands a visit to your home next time I am at Pune. Thumbnails don't do justice. Please post bigger snaps. :)

And those stands for the bookshelves look very elegant and sturdy. How heavy are they? Have you filled sand inside those pipes? What were the damages? Asking this since I might need a pair soon. Take good care of the D1 will you? :p

Thanks Gannu, you are welcome anytime mate. The D1 is a mighty good companion :) I must say.

The full blown pics are at the Picasa web album linked at the bottom of the post .

The stands are SAL Alif by SoundFoundations the base and top is granite and the pillar is steel. Its pretty heavy. The columns are fillable but I just got them yesterday so will sand-fill them this weekend. The craftsmanship is impeccable for the asking price of 7200/- shipped + Octroi as applicable.

The owner goes by the handle "magma" on HFV and if my memory serves well, cranky saar has got some custom made stuff from them. Among the nicer folks to deal with.

@countrock: I owe you sire.! :)

@toolius: So when are you dropping in to listen to some cranked up tunes? :)

sarang said:
The stands are SAL Alif by SoundFoundations the base and top is granite and the pillar is steel. Its pretty heavy. The columns are fillable but I just got them yesterday so will sand-fill them this weekend. The craftsmanship is impeccable for the asking price of 7200/- shipped + Octroi as applicable.

The owner goes by the handle "magma" on HFV and if my memory serves well, cranky saar has got some custom made stuff from them. Among the nicer folks to deal with.

OMG those are only 7200 inc. of shipping? For a pair?!! :O Those SS finish acorn nuts look fab! Heck I wouldn't mind visiting Pune and dragging them back to Surat! Thank you so much man.

Time to invest in the bookshelves and a decent AMP ASAP! The STX can serve as the DAC as long as I get a dedicated one.

cranky saar has got some custom made stuff from them

SoundFoundations-My serious DIY Accesories Projects - Page 4

Nice rack (shut up, you pervs).

The new spikes are much shorter making the unit hug the floor.

Ali is a fantastic craftsman and a dedicated audiophile as well. Pleasure to work with someone who doesn't mind putting in some blood sweat and tears into his job.

btw this rack has no hollow sections at all, only solid bar aluminum. The main T-section is made of 2.5" thick aluminum round bar, the rack weighs in at about 35 kilos unloaded.

Congrats on your setup. A nice amp make a world of difference to any setup :)

Back