HTC Explorer

Hello,

So I just got an HTC Explorer the other day and it came with lots of pre-installed apps. The problem is, I cannot uninstall them or move them to the SD Card.
Any suggestions for doing this?

Also, what's the best Twitter App to use that can be put on the SD card?

Thanks,
Crazysah

What I'm saying was, is there anything I can do to delete them / clear up space without rooting the phone?
No, for removing system app, you need to have root access. You can continue using the stock ROM after removing bloat ware. No need to install custom ROM.

Hello,

So I just got an HTC Explorer the other day and it came with lots of pre-installed apps. The problem is, I cannot uninstall them or move them to the SD Card.
Any suggestions for doing this?

Also, what's the best Twitter App to use that can be put on the SD card?

Thanks,
Crazysah

Im not a great android user, but i was used the Titanium to remove the bloatware. But before doing this, check whether removing it will affect the system.
for saving ram, i freeze.
correct me im wrong.

for twitter, the new update version does add jam to the bread.
if you prefer other clients, look for tweetdeck, twica and plume.

For titanium also to uninstall apps you would need to Root the phone.
And HTC explorer can be rooted using unlock bootloader process officially available on the HTC website.

So I root the phone using the unlock bootloader available on the HTC website? How does the process work? And then how do I delete the apps? Is this all legal? It won't break my warranty?

So I root the phone using the unlock bootloader available on the HTC website? How does the process work? And then how do I delete the apps? Is this all legal? It won't break my warranty?

As mentioned earlier, it does break the warranty if you take a rooted phone to the service center. Just take a backup of original ROM and restore it before visiting a service center

But isn't, warranty get voided the moment you unlock bootloader using official HTC website? Even if you restore the original rom, will not help in that situation.

Okay. So I unlocked the phone using the unlock bootloader. Then I installed ES File Manager and navigated to system/apps and when I clicked on an app to delete it, it said couldn't not be deleted. Any ideas?

Okay. So I unlocked the phone using the unlock bootloader. Then I installed ES File Manager and navigated to system/apps and when I clicked on an app to delete it, it said couldn't not be deleted. Any ideas?

Ok so now that you have unlocked the bootloader now my holy advise to you is

1) Install ClockWorkMod which is a recovery mode which is a must for a root user.
2) Then install any custom rom like Jaggyrom which i am using in my case for past 3 months.
3) All user bloatware apps will be wiped after installing this rom.
4) You will get 140mb user available internal memory plus you can install all apps in SD card now.

Here is a guide you need installing this rom [ROM] Htc Explorer (pico) "JaggyRom" [3.2.1] (5-7-12) - xda-developers

Thats the first step, you still need to install a recovery ROM like clockworkmod and then Root the device.
Follow instructions here - [TUTORIAL] Root HTC explorer - xda-developers

Installing Custom ROM is optional and depends on you.

After rooting it with SuperUser as mentioned on the link above, you can unsintall system apps but recovered space might not be great.
Search around and install Link2SD, that would solve the low memory problem.

Ok so now that you have unlocked the bootloader now my holy advise to you is

1) Install ClockWorkMod which is a recovery mode which is a must for a root user.
2) Then install any custom rom like Jaggyrom which i am using in my case for past 3 months.
3) All user bloatware apps will be wiped after installing this rom.
4) You will get 140mb user available internal memory plus you can install all apps in SD card now.

Here is a guide you need installing this rom [ROM] Htc Explorer (pico) "JaggyRom" [3.2.1] (5-7-12) - xda-developers

How much is the minimum space before it tells you low internal memory?
Secondly, how easy is it to install Jaggyrom? Will it suffice?

How do I install ClockWorkMod? And what will that do? Restore it back to factory settings?
Anything else I should know before proceeding forward?

How much is the minimum space before it tells you low internal memory?
Secondly, how easy is it to install Jaggyrom? Will it suffice?

How do I install ClockWorkMod? And what will that do? Restore it back to factory settings?
Anything else I should know before proceeding forward?

Since all apps are installed in phone memory(Secondary Ext4 partition) by default and then you can move all apps to Sd card(use titanium bacup) so practically you can practically install unlimited apps on the Sd card. In my case i have more then 50 apps and still internal memory is 110 mb available.

The step by step guide is mentioned in the rom ..you have to root your phone first using custom recovery like clockworkmod and then copy the Zip file(jaggyrom) you download from that link and simply install that rom using the recovery.

Just follow that guide ,it has enough info regarding the installation.

A few things before proceeding;

1. What will happen to all my apps if I install jaggyrom?
2. Is there anyway to do this without installing jaggyrom?
3. I quite like Sense UI, is there anyway to keep that?
4. Anything I should know before proceeding forward?

Back