HTC Explorer WiFi issue

Dowbot

Disciple
Recently purchased HTC Explorer and played with almost all settings but can't get WiFi to stay ON when the phone goes to sleep. I have changed the WiFi sleep policy to "Never" but the WiFi still goes offline and comes back couple of seconds after I turn on the power button. I know it is a battery drain to leave it on but I really need the instant email alert functionality without mobile data plan. Contact HTC support but they say the obvious thing to change the WiFi sleep policy.

Anyone got it working?

Link

Recently purchased HTC Explorer and played with almost all settings but can't get WiFi to stay ON when the phone goes to sleep. I have changed the WiFi sleep policy to "Never" but the WiFi still goes offline and comes back couple of seconds after I turn on the power button. I know it is a battery drain to leave it on but I really need the instant email alert functionality without mobile data plan. Contact HTC support but they say the obvious thing to change the WiFi sleep policy.

Anyone got it working?
WiFi security fix - HTC Support Center
Me too using explorer but a system update was done yesterday and not facing issue at all. I didn't face it in first place though!
check the link as it might be helpful

take care and regards,

Back