How to ship mobile phones

Disciple
Hi
I went to a DTDC store for getting my mobile shippwd to goa. The total weight of the phone along with the box and other things is 400gms. He said he would charge me 900 bucks for it.
i asked the other couriers like blue dart and the price was even higher....

Just want to know how do sellers ship their phones for 200 or 300 bucks...
Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express

One more thing is all couriers wanted the cost of the phone when i told them i want to ship a phone. Some of them even refused saying yhey dont ship mobiles....

In mumbai

- - - Updated - - -

One DTDC branch was charging 900 bucks and the other 400. Dont they hv uniform charges across all branches ?????

DTDC dont have uniform charges , each branch charge as per their own wish .... cheapest option would be speed post . Mumbai to Goa well packed package wont cost more than 100 rs. And delivery is quick as well . But make sure you pack it well as their handling is not the best out there.

bro i use dtdc plus to ship any stuff above 5k.
ive shipped 2mobiles using tat. they charged me 125 plus 2%of value of product for shipping to bglr from chennai
i declared the product as charger valued at 300bucks . so i paid totally 131bucks

use this to calculate dtdc rates Welcome to DTDC

Both the DTDC guys are bluffing. Ask them what type of package they are trying to send by.I use DTDC Plus (next day delivery), or Blue (two day delivery) and for 400 grams, they should be at the most 185 or 190. Anything more, ask them what type. Unless really necessary, do not go with Prime Time Plus - I just don't feel the extra cost is justified for a few hours of quicker delivery.

It is better you disclose the item you are shipping correctly. Because if anything happens during transit you can atleast get insurance money. If you do as what @senthil has done then you will get a charger's worth of money in case of loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back