PC Peripherals How to replace battery of APC BR600CI-IN

HailStonE

Skilled
I bought this UPS about two years ago... Its out of the warranty. Now I need to replace the battery but its not mounted at the bottom. There are no screws at the bottom but only at the back. Removing those will give you access to the electrical components but not to the battery which is located behind the front panel...

Anybody know how to remove the front panel since there are no screws & I do not want to break the damn thing trying to open it wrongly. I looked around the APC site & there are no documentation regarding this. They are telling me to take it to the APC service centre but they would be charging 250 bucks apart from the battery price. I want to get Amaron Quanta for the UPS & not the OEM battery..

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR600CI-IN

http://www.apcmedia.com/salestools/DFAH-84RKSP/DFAH-84RKSP_R2_EN.pdf

Since its the most common model being sold in India I suppose some of the members might have gone through this problem...

I'd read this earlier but its not this simple. The front bezel is very tight & when I spoke tot he APC customer care they told me that there is a notch at the bottom which needs to be pushed. Even after doing that the front panel didn't budged...

I don't want to break the front panel by doing it wrongly. Its strange that nobody faced this problem yet since this is the most basic & most common APC UPS since last 2-3 years..

Nope.. Even APC didn't helped.. they told me to get the UPS to an authorized service centre for battery replacement.

I've packed the UPS & since this was my brother's (PC) who is not in India any more.. I don't care about battery replacement..

Found a video on how its done .

[DOUBLEPOST=1419391450][/DOUBLEPOST]How much does a new exide battery cost?[DOUBLEPOST=1419426712][/DOUBLEPOST]I managed to open it after a lot of effort , but it was a waste of time, the battery can not be replaced with exide because it is slimmer than the exide 7ah , exide will not fit in the ups .

Last edited:
Whoa.. That's the worst set-up for a battery in a UPS.. .. :nailbiting:

Note to self.. Never buy UPS before knowing the battery replacement. My 12 year old APC UPS has just two screws at the bottom (to be removed) in order to get access to the battery..

Would not be recommending APC to anyone until a new model comes with better battery placement.. :cool:

Back