How to keep mobile phone in pristine condition ?

See, the thing is that i have 2 Nokia mobile phone as of now :)

N70 > first mobile phone bought from pocket :D
and N95 8gb> given as gift to my dad :)

Both the phones are lying in my table and getting dirty day by day, every month i have to take them to change their guard, also i do recharge them regularly to keep them in best working condition.

The thing is that, i want to keep both phone throughout my life, so how can i keep it in pristine condition, i do have the boxes of both the phones.l

After 5-6 years will he get the battery? World would have moved on to 4000mah+ lithium ion battery or better by then. Old school 500 or 800mah battery will be impossible to find new or used.

Batteries have a lifespan. Their material degrades over time. And you need to charge the battery every six months or so, so that it performs well. If it discharges completely, I don't think it can be used again.

but what will happen, if i take the phone after 5-6 year, and try to turn it on, will it get on ???

is that a sane question?

After 5-6 years will he get the battery? World would have moved on to 4000mah+ lithium ion battery or better by then. Old school 500 or 800mah battery will be impossible to find new or used.

probability is ~ Zero.

what if i buy brand new battery in sealed condition, and store it, will it be able to survive till then ?

i forgot your nic was @Being.smart!

Batteries have a lifespan. Their material degrades over time. And you need to charge the battery every six months or so, so that it performs well. If it discharges completely, I don't think it can be used again.

i admire your patience! :D

Back