Android Here's a full leak of the Nexus 5.

I don't know if Nexus 5 is worth the jump from a Nexus 4..

I guess we'll have to wait for the official release to know more...

Nexus 4 has it's perks :) glass back, despite being too fragile , it does give a sexy look to the phone. The hardware is not of 2013 but still gives 5x better performance than any other phone right now on the market (g2/z1/n3. won't compare 1020 as I haven't tried it yet.)

Nexus 5 will be a beast but it all depends on software optimization as well. I'm sure google won't disappoint us with that. For eg, just check the video out on post #1 , you will know this early build of 4.4 gives some lag sometimes to the user even though the phone has got s800, all the ram in the world, anreno 330. So, software optimization will play an important part here.

edit: I'm not saying nexus 5 will lag in the final version, this version probably is very old so has got bugs and is not stable.

Nexus 4 has it's perks :) glass back, despite being too fragile , it does give a sexy look to the phone. The hardware is not of 2013 but still gives 5x better performance than any other phone right now on the market (g2/z1/n3. won't compare 1020 as I haven't tried it yet.)

Could you point out on what basis you claim the N4 beats out the current gen Snapdragon 800s ? just curious.

Could you point out on what basis you claim the N4 beats out the current gen Snapdragon 800s ? just curious.

Buttery experience, and please don't say that this is a lie, it's not, as I have alrrady tried z1, note 3 and g2. The best which could ever give a little competition to n4 was G2.

Every phone past the s4 pro chipset and the 4.1 jellybean (project butter) update is, as you termed 'buttery smooth' . Trust me, you are a victim of placebo effect, the s800s outperform the aging s4 pro chipset by leaps and bounds. The hardware abound those beasts wont even sneeze if it had to work with 2 touchscreens mate, and thats a researched fact. I think the you should buy a G2 and use it for a week, or maybe someone could get you a test piece. You'll see the difference I am talking about. Vanilla was relevant till the generation of the N4, now its no longer a requisite for smooth framerates. And yes, if you have tried the LG OG, on which the N4 was based, you'll even find that outperform the N4.

Its a reference design based on the G2, just like the N4 was on LG OG. So expect similar specs and performance. Infact, if experience is anything to go by, expect smoother UI and OS an lesser camera performance.

I know s800 out performs 5x against s4 on paper but real life experience counts right? I have used Z1, it sometimes hangs bud, same with note 3. G2 is an awesome device but just sometimes when coming out of apps and pressing home and sometimes when using the camera and going from camera to gallery pics, it gives a lag. I never had this problem with nexus 4.

I'm not saying here that s4 is better than s800, I am just saying, nexus 4 with s4 is so well optimized unlike any other flagship phones right now on the market..

I have a friend who got Z1 and sold it after like couple of days. Why he sold it? said it didn't had the buttery experience he got from nexus 4.

Every phone past the s4 pro chipset and the 4.1 jellybean (project butter) update is, as you termed 'buttery smooth' . Trust me, you are a victim of placebo effect, the s800s outperform the aging s4 pro chipset by leaps and bounds. The hardware abound those beasts wont even sneeze if it had to work with 2 touchscreens mate, and thats a researched fact. I think the you should buy a G2 and use it for a week, or maybe someone could get you a test piece. You'll see the difference I am talking about. Vanilla was relevant till the generation of the N4, now its no longer a requisite for smooth framerates. And yes, if you have tried the LG OG, on which the N4 was based, you'll even find that outperform the N4.

Don't know about the Snapdragon 800 phones but I've used an Xperia Z and a Samsung Galaxy S4 a lot, both of which have technically faster hardware than the Nexus 4. Yet the N4 was way smoother than both in my experience. I'm talking about day to day usage, not benchmarks. Touchwiz makes the S4 lag a lot, and Sony's skin also feels very stuttery when scrolling through homescreens and the app drawer.

I've heard the G2 is much smoother than the N4 though, thanks to its massive hardware power. However, the Nexus 5 is poised to be even more responsive since it uses the same processor and won't be bogged down by a heavy custom skin.

1396620_10200672603847527_139667856_n.jpg

Back