Audio Help! TF10 broke , reshell?

Malique

Adept
Hi Friends,
I decided to change my UE TF 10 cable today, as it has been having some trouble at the 3.5mm jack end. So i carefully removed the pin from the right socket and then tried doing the same for the left one and to my horror, it came out with the internal pin and connection. :nailbiting: :fearscream::sob:

Refer attached image

Almost had a heart attack, collected myself and started to google around a bit, i found this link where a guy performed a DIY to fix the same. i tired following the same and tried opening the housing, but the rubber is peeling off (old), so had to give up.

Looks like my option is to reshell them. Need inputs from the resident experts.

A) Any other alternatives apart from reshell?
B) Sell them, whats the best price i can expect?
C) Reshelling?
  1. is it cheaper in india or abroad?
  2. Which company?
  3. How much cost

P.S. I am from Mumbai.

Please guide me, still hurting me a lot, that i lost my prized possession :sob:

Thanks in advance,
Malique

Attachments

• TF10_cropped.jpg
    TF10_cropped.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 248
Too much pain in one pic and post. Condolences. :sorry:

Now, the thing you can do is get it solder again as these are just cables. Try to open it. Dont worry about that rubber i dont think its much supporting the casing. Alternatively, glue the casing if the rubber gets sacrificed. But you will have to be extremely precise while soldering.

Regarding the recasing, i dont think you will get it in india and sourcing it from abroad will cost more than half the price of new TF10's(as per my opinion).

Yeah just open them up and solder them.You may use a hairdryer to open the case but keep in mind, drivers shouldn't be exposed to too much heat. Get a new cable to fix the jack problem or solder a new jack. If you can't solder, go to lamington road. There are many small shops who do such type of soldering.

Back