Help selecting Modem Router

IMO, the best for your budget would be the D-Link 2750U which is currently available on FK for 1988/-. 300 M, setup quite easy, can keep on for extended periods without needing to reset. and the best feature (at least for me) is the USB port which you can use to share music, movies across connected devices. I have used it for music and no stuttering even for flac files. Only issue is that signal does not travel very well through thick walls (i think thats an issue with most routers) so you might need to place the router in a central place in your home and that is subject to a telephone port being present there.

For 800 sft, should be fine..
not sure if d-link is the best for range though- have read reviews which say that netgear offers better range but have not tested myself.. however, in your price range i think you only get the single antenna netgear model with 150 b/g/n, so the d-link should (on paper at least) beat it on speed and range..

Isn't WR841 just router and not modem router?

My bad , i didnt read the entire thing.

So 2750U doesn't have good range? Then i will pass. Any other suggestions? Thank you again :)

TP LINK W8968.

But i suggest you a modem plus router separate.

Less heat,better performance,better error detecting,will also help in future if u decide to shift isp to non-adsl ones.

Buy any modem...and use it with 841n.

Last edited:
My bad , i didnt read the entire thing.

TP LINK W8968.

But i suggest you a modem plus router separate.

Less heat,better performance,better error detecting,will also help in future if u decide to shift isp to non-adsl ones.

Buy any modem...and use it with 841n.

What modem do you suggest?

What modem do you suggest?

Any modem will be fine, if u have an ADSL connection, there is TP LINK 8817/8816..there is D link 2520u..

I used digisol DG-BG-1000 coz it works best with MTNL and most Indian Internet providers.

Having a separate modem and router helps, coz if in the future u shift to cable Internet, then u can still use your router for wifi.

What are cable internet companies? What is the difference between ADSL internet and cable internet?

Company is like Hathway, 5net, ACT BEAM, you broadband etc provide internet connection via cable, so they use their own modem.

While MTNL, BSNL, AIRTEL use ADSL connection, that is they provide connection via RJ11 port/cable (telephone line cable/port)

There is no difference between cable and ADSL Internet. It's just that the modems used are different.

So if u buy an ADSL modem plus router, and u later shift to cable Internet, you'll be at a loss as cable cannot be inserted in modem plus router.

However if u keep modem separate and router separate, if u shift to cable Internet u can still use the router with your new cable internet.

Back