Monitors Help in Buying LED Monitor

santoshwe

Disciple
Hi Friends,

I am planning to upgrade to an LED monitor.

I have an phenom II 555 with Asus M5A78L-M mother board and a CRT monitor.

Here are my requirements

1. Preferred screen size - 18.5/19" (I prefer this as I plan to buy a low end graphics card like AMD 6670 or 6770 and play games. Hope I can play games like crysis, Batttlefield 3 etc in reasonably high setting in 1366 X 768 Resolution with this card)

2. Two PC inputs one VGA and another DVI. I want to connect my laptop as well as desktop at the same time without interchanging the connection between two everytime.

Please suggest a good LED monitor. It does not matter if the point number 2 is not met. But please suggest a good 18.5/19" LED Monitor.

Thanks

Dell IN1930 should meet your requirement - Screen Size 18.5" available at around 5600
would suggest you to go for IN2030M as the price difference is of 400-500 rupees.

Thanks for the reply. Just had a doubt, can i play games like Battle field 3 in a 20 in monitor (1600 X 900) with HD 6770 card with high settings?
Please advice
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Just had a doubt, can i play games like Battle field 3 in a 20 in monitor (1600 X 900) with HD 6770 card with high settings?
Please advice
Thanks

No, you will need a HD 6870 minimum but, with a HD 6850 you can play at high settings with a few details toned down.

Thanks for the reply. Just another question. In dell In2030 model can we connect both laptop and desktop to the VGA/DVI port and the select the "source" from the menu, without interchanging/disconnecting the cables

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Just another question. In dell In2030 model can we connect both laptop and desktop to the VGA/DVI port and the select the "source" from the menu, without interchanging/disconnecting the cables.

I am not sure of this, though I think it might be possible. Will you use the laptop and desktop at the same time OR just make the connections?

I will not use both at the same time, but I will always keep it connected and when ever required just switch the source to the respective.
That is I will connect laptop to VGA and desktop to DVI, always connected. I will use laptop or desktop but I should be able to select from which source the monitor should display. I do not want to remove the VGA connection from laptop and connect to desktop when i use desktop and vice versa.
Please advice
Thanks

I will not use both at the same time, but I will always keep it connected and when ever required just switch the source to the respective.
That is I will connect laptop to VGA and desktop to DVI, always connected. I will use laptop or desktop but I should be able to select from which source the monitor should display. I do not want to remove the VGA connection from laptop and connect to desktop when i use desktop and vice versa.
Please advice
Thanks

I think that will be easily done, it all depends on the graphics adapter of your laptop and how many display-OUT it supports at a given time.

hi, yes my laptop can support different display. But my doubt it whether I can select different source in the Dell monitor without changing the cable between my laptop and desktop

Thanks

2 months back i had purchased a samsung 23inch LED moniter for 10k and its value for money.It has all the features you need .Only disadvantage is ,you cannot wall mount it

hi, yes my laptop can support different display. But my doubt it whether I can select different source in the Dell monitor without changing the cable between my laptop and desktop.

Santosh, you can attach each connector on the monitor to a different source, the issue is will your graphics adapter accept a secondary display and will it work seamlessly on the same.

So go ahead buy a Dell IN2030M worry-free. Cheerio!!

Does this monitor has both VGA and DVI inputs? I am looking for a monitor which has both

Santosh the Dell IN2030M for ~6500/- is better in the following ways --
  • for ~400/- quid more you get 1.5" of extra screen space.
  • higher native resolution and a popular screen ratio ~16: 9; so will be better for viewing of HD media [upto 720p].
  • better after sales support, atleast I have experienced Dell so I can say this. Never had a run in with Samsung.
  • Build quality; I prefer matte finish plastic over glossy piano finish plastic as the latter is a finger-print magnet and any marks / scratches stand out very prominently. This I leave upto your taste.
  • Both monitors have a VGA-IN and DVI-IN connector.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Hi Friends,

Sorry for coming up with this doubt so late.

In Dell IN2030M, can I play games at lower resolution like 1366 * 768 or so that I get better frame rates for demanding games. Will lowering the resolution reduce the sharpness/clarity of the image? Will I be able to play at lower resolution in the center of the screen with the sides blacked out?

Please advice

Thanks

Nobody?

Hi Friends,

Sorry for coming up with this doubt so late.

In Dell IN2030M, can I play games at lower resolution like 1366 * 768 or so that I get better frame rates for demanding games. Will lowering the resolution reduce the sharpness/clarity of the image? Will I be able to play at lower resolution in the center of the screen with the sides blacked out?

Please advice

Thanks

Back