Here are the HDDs I have for sale.

Seagate 320GB SATA II 16MB

Bought last year, Warranty till 2012.

No DOA, No bad sector Guarantee...

Quantity Available : 2

Rs.3000 Shipped.

--------------------------------------
Seagate 500GB SATA II 16MB

Bought couple of months back, Warranty till 2012/13 ( have to check ).

No DOA, No bad sector Guarantee...

Quantity Available : 1

Rs.5000 Shipped.

1 SOLD, 1 up for grabs.

Hitachi Desktar 160GB SATA II

Bought sometime last year. Warranty till 2012.

No DOA, No bad sector Guarantee

Quantity Available : 2

Rs.1800 Shipped

1 SOLD, 1 on HOLD, 1 up for grabs

WD SATA II 320GB
Bought couple of months back.

No DOA, No bad sector Guarantee

Quantity Available : 1

Rs. 3000 shipped

SOLD

COMBO OFFER 1.

Buy Both Seagate 320GB(2x320GB) +Seagate 500GB together( total 3 HDDs, 1.14TB) for Rs.9500 Shipped.

COMBO OFFER 2.

Buy Both seagate 320GB(2x320) + Seagate 500GB + Hitachi 160GB (total 4 HDDs, 1.3TB ) for Rs.10000 shipped.

Thats it for now.
Mumbai buyers preferred.
Special discount for multiple drive buyers. PM me for the same.
Dont have bills for these with me. If anyone insists a duplicate copy can be arranged from my dealer with couple of days delay in shipment.

No trades ( unless you have one of those WD 640 GB 2 platter HDDs for trade ;) )

funky the Hitachi drives carry 3 or 5 year warranty? also can will you provide a copy of the bill? I have someone here who might take it ;)

Sandy said:
funky the Hitachi drives carry 3 or 5 year warranty? also can will you provide a copy of the bill? I have someone here who might take it ;)

I am really not sure. I will get back to you. ( i was under impression all manufacturers are offering 5 years these days ). The stoopid hitachi site does not have Indian region in their warranty check menu :mad:
But I am pretty sure its 5 year as Hitachi released a press release that all drives manufactured from 2005 onwards will carry 5 yr warranty.

The Drive is manufactured in March 2007.

I will get the bill but only if buyer insists and is sure. dont wanna bug my dealer unnecessarily.

EDIT : found the press release.
ChannelTimes.com > News > Storage > Hitachi Extends Warranty on HDDs to 5 Years

funky u gotta email hitachis tech support with your s/n number. they will reply with its warranty details...

I will get the bill but only if buyer insists and is sure. dont wanna bug my dealer unnecessarily.

Well again I have to post....but for information of everyone Hitachi warranty is through dealer only...so an out of station sale will require a bill for sure as otherwise the buyer might land into trouble.As far as i remember you had sold 2 Hitachi 250GB drives to a TE "Mumbai" member before & I think he was facing some issues in warranty claim after one or both I am nt sure died . Dont know if he has got the replacements yet...so I think its better to get some sort of bills for hitachi...for Seagate & WD nothing is reqd :)

funky for the hitachi drive the country that u select is were it if manufactured and not were u got to know warranty info on the site.

Supra said:
Well again I have to post....but for information of everyone Hitachi warranty is through dealer only...so an out of station sale will require a bill for sure as otherwise the buyer might land into trouble.As far as i remember you had sold 2 Hitachi 250GB drives to a TE "Mumbai" member before & I think he was facing some issues in warranty claim after one or both I am nt sure died . Dont know if he has got the replacements yet...so I think its better to get some sort of bills for hitachi...for Seagate & WD nothing is reqd :)

Again.
I know Nuke bough both the drives from me. He resold it to someone, and i know 1 of the guys to whom he resold it as he is trying for trade with me again :p

Bill was provided to me but it was misplaced somewhere. Not in my files.

And I have already stated, bill will be provided if and when asked by the buyer. I think i made myself pretty crystal clear.

Phew!!! U dont want ppl running arnd after u right for bills later for claiming warranty right. Its better to be safe rather than sorry. ...I am nt getting it again & again i know. But you are also sticking to ur point as usual.

Funky, I got a vx2025wm which was sold by you, I need the bill to it, for warranty purpose when do you think I can get it ?

200mph said:
funky for the hitachi drive the country that u select is were it if manufactured and not were u got to know warranty info on the site.

when i enter the serial no in hitachi warranty page, it does recognise the drive is sold in India but due to glitch in their page cant get warranty status.

Here is the screenshot.
hdd.jpg

Sandy said:
Funky, I know this is OT, I got a vx2025wm which was sold by you, I need the bill to it, for warranty purpose when do you think I can get it ?

only when the buyer contacts me.
Or show me you indeed have this monitor (PM me the pic of the serial no plate on the back of the monitor, I have noted down the serial no with me) with you and i will provide the bill.

@ Supra : You might be getting that price somewhere.
I checked today and seagate 7200.10 costs 2250 here. Hitachi is about same.
Confirmed in 2 maharashtra cities. Mumbai and pune......

And in the end its between me and the buyer. We will take care of whatever problems we might face. So no need for your worries. Other people are competent enough to think for themself. Cheers.........

Supra said:
but for information of everyone Hitachi warranty is through dealer only
Lol, no way! all you have to do is create a id @ hgst partners with any random firm name, give your own address as the office address and request an rma, the whole rma process takes about 8-10 days and they dont ask for bill, as for the warranty check, it can be done when u finish registering.

What does the above screenie says for warranty ????

It says "Return to Point of Purchase"
The documented thing is its through POS only .....your way might not work everytime/for everyone. What you are doing is registering yourself as a Hitachi dealer (that what the HGST partners mean I guess)...is that the right thing to do ??
Also abt the price ....its nt a quote or so....someone gt it in SP road today for that price... also another member posted abt the price in another thread

http://www.techenclave.com/771197-post14.html

And in the end its between me and the buyer. We will take care of whatever problems we might face. So no need for your worries. Other people are competent enough to think for themself. Cheers.........

If I think something is wrong...I can post my worries. If you cant heed those ...its your problem........Sandy is a good friend so since he was interested to buy one of ur HDDs...so I thought to be obligated enough to post the things.If u cant stand this better ignore or tell mods to clean up the thread .

Supra said:
What you are doing is registering yourself as a Hitachi dealer (that what the HGST partners mean I guess)
na, any system integrator/small time dealer/shop owner etc can register

na, any system integrator/small time dealer/shop owner etc can register

Is the prospective buyer of these hard drives supposed to be any if this !!! Plz this is no point at all ! I dont even understand u asking ppl to register as HGST partner for warranty purposes just because of not having bill. Long live TE market :p

Phew 16 viewers in this thread :rofl:

Funky said:
only when the buyer contacts me.
Or show me you indeed have this monitor (PM me the pic of the serial no plate on the back of the monitor, I have noted down the serial no with me) with you and i will provide the bill.

YES im the buyer im contacting you! why PM? lets do it here,, look 2 things, I dont post unless it has something to do with me.. Here it does and want this sorted out.
so everytime a buyer wants a bill for something that was originally sold by you we have to go take a pic and show you??
GOOD! you have written the Serial number down ? then here is a pic with my girls EOS 350D.. and a partial Serial number.. you can figure out the rest, from what you have writen down..

Supra, Sandy and I are already communicating. he posted here and i replied to him. if he has queries, we will sort it out.

I am very much aware that you are intentionally crapping thread here. On purpose, very clear cut message to me and everyone who is reading this.

And I still dont want mods to clean this up. Let it remain like this.

And if you wanna argue about the price posted in that post you linked. Its again is the price he is quoting for 2nd hand disk according to his usage and sale. And even i can argue that this hitachi is better than that drive. Runs cooler, it is faster. And its freakin 7200.9. 2 generation old drive. So shut up and get the fk out of my thread.

Sandy, PM me regarding the viewsonic bill. If you want, i can provide scan right now. Couriering is possible only on Wednesday at earliest as tomorrow i am crazy busy.

Supra said:
What does the above screenie says for warranty ????

It says "Return to Point of Purchase"
The documented thing is its through POS only .....your way might not work everytime/for everyone. What you are doing is registering yourself as a Hitachi dealer (that what the HGST partners mean I guess)...is that the right thing to do ??
Also abt the price ....its nt a quote or so....someone gt it in SP road today for that price... also another member posted abt the price in another thread

http://www.techenclave.com/771197-post14.html

If I think something is wrong...I can post my worries. If you cant heed those ...its your problem........Sandy is a good friend so since he was interested to buy one of ur HDDs...so I thought to be obligated enough to post the things.If u cant stand this better ignore or tell mods to clean up the thread .

I am very much aware that you are intentionally crapping thread here. On purpose, very clear cut message to me and everyone who is reading this.

Tell anything u can think off that I have against you....that I will crap here. Also show any other thread where I have so called crapped like this.If you cant defend urself stop telling bad words. Plz mind it.

So shut up and get the fk out of my thread.

Also...dnt think u can just say anything & escape. Get it very very clear.I have nt said anything to deserve that reply !!! I request mods to act accordingly to this.And yah I wont get out of here for something where I have not done anything wrong.

Sandy said:
YES im the buyer im contacting you! why PM? lets do it here,, look 2 things, I dont post unless it has something to do with me.. Here it does and want this sorted out.
so everytime a buyer wants a bill for something that was originally sold by you we have to go take a pic and show you??
GOOD! you have written the Serial number down ? then here is a pic with my girls EOS 350D.. and a partial Serial number.. you can figure out the rest, from what you have writen down..

haha you wanna do it this way???

Fine here you go.

lmao.jpg

mmmm....what is going on with all of us, 3 very senior members are fighting over what seems to me a very trivial issue. Same has been going on other technical threads as well, albeit a bit older ones. Why is it that i suddenly see the communal feeling getting over among us and maybe groups being formed here. But whatever it is i think we all should cool it down and think again what our goal is when we come to this forum, sorry just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back