Storage Solutions HD Tune Health Check Warning - Reason to Worry?

asingh said:
^

He himself is in the same mess as you.

Guys, just RMA them. I really do not get, why this is such a complex issue.

^^ The problem is that the new drive I will get will have only 2 years of warranty and the current one has 5 years! :(

Also, the new drive will more than likely be a Certified Repaired Drive! Not to mention the hassled in the RMA...

Atleast my Pending Sector Count is not increasing. It is still at 1. :)

Pending sector count means that the drive found 2 bad sectors, and it will move them to G-list and then you might see "Reallocated sectors count" as 2, and the pending sector count should become 0

Well, nothing has changed since. The Pending Sector Count is still 2.

I called WD yesterday and they created an RMA for me. They are collecting the drive on the 16th of this month.

Let's see how things turn out...
<

Well, nothing has changed since. The Pending Sector Count is still 2.

I called WD yesterday and they created an RMA for me. They are collecting the drive on the 16th of this month.

Let's see how things turn out...
<

Why sad. You will get a brand new drive within 7-8 days.

Why sad. You will get a brand new drive within 7-8 days.

^^ Are you sure I'll get a Brand New drive and not a Certified Repaired drive??
<

Also, Point # 5 in the RMA Pre-Mailer states: "The remaining warranty from the original defective drive will be applied to the replacement drive. The replacement drive will have a minimum warranty of 90 days from the date of shipment."

So does that mean that the new drive will carry forward the 5 year warranty that my current drive has?? TIA.

^^ Are you sure I'll get a Brand New drive and not a Certified Repaired drive??
<

Also, Point # 5 in the RMA Pre-Mailer states: "The remaining warranty from the original defective drive will be applied to the replacement drive. The replacement drive will have a minimum warranty of 90 days from the date of shipment."

So does that mean that the new drive will carry forward the 5 year warranty that my current drive has?? TIA.

It will be brand new, and the old drives warranty will be subtracted from 5. Send it off man. I got back my 2TB WD Green (the one I put in the DL rig review), plugged it in today in fact.

It will be brand new, and the old drives warranty will be subtracted from 5. Send it off man. I got back my 2TB WD Green (the one I put in the DL rig review), plugged it in today in fact.

^^ WOW! That's great news... They have scheduled the pickup for the 16th of this month. They said that it would take 10-20 days for the new drive to reach me. I am just so glad that the old warranty would be carried over to the new drive.
<

^ if the pickup is by AFL courier, then you can contact the local courier guys, if they have been notified about any shipment.

^ if the pickup is by AFL courier, then you can contact the local courier guys, if they have been notified about any shipment.

^^ They haven't told me anything about the Courier. They just said that the courier will call me before visiting my place. Also, they would be handing me an acknowledgement which I am supposed to preserve.

I still have the drive connected to my PC and will remove it and pack it only after the courier guy calls and confirms!
<

In my last case, so TEians told that WD drives are usually picked up by AFL couriers, so i contacted them and gave them the HDD, else the whole process would have taken longer
<

^^ They haven't told me anything about the Courier. They just said that the courier will call me before visiting my place. Also, they would be handing me an acknowledgement which I am supposed to preserve.

I still have the drive connected to my PC and will remove it and pack it only after the courier guy calls and confirms!
<

Even I had registered for Courier pick up, but the AFL guys were acting like retards, since usually I am not at home, and the house is locked. So I told 'em to cancel it, and dispatched off the drive on my own.

But, do read the instructions how to seal/pack the drive. Else they will send it back, and it will be irritating for you.

My suggestion. If you have important data get yourself a new disk. I once mad the same mistake and I lost a TB of data. That was very painful.
<

Well... Contrary to what I had expected, the WD people did not appear yesterday (scheduled pickup date) to collect the drive.
<

Now they want 3-4 more days just to collect the drive! Or else, I have the option to deliver the drive to AFL at Worli which is like 20 kms from my place!

These WD people are damn retarded! What was the point in making me wait for more than a week then? I could have delivered the drive a week ago!
<

Umm... IMHO , its much better then ASS of other brands, because they don't offer pickups.

Though the "WD Express Door-to-Door Replacement service", is not as it reads, yet i am satisfied with it.

Umm... IMHO , its much better then ASS of other brands, because they don't offer pickups.

Though the "WD Express Door-to-Door Replacement service", is not as it reads, yet i am satisfied with it.

^^ Have you ever RMAed a WD Drive? How long did it take for the replacement drive to reach you?

Back