Hackers rumored to have compromised Windows 7 activation

Microsoft only just released final code for Windows 7 to manufacturers and the company is already facing a security risk.

The Windows Genuine Advantage antipiracy system in the Windows 7 Ultimate release to manufacturers (RTM) has reportedly been compromised by some Chinese hackers, according to a variety of Chinese forums, and first reported by Neowin.com.This means the user can fully activate the software offline without connecting to Microsoft's activation server.

The software's RTM code is generally the same as the retail code, which will be available to the public in October. PC makers tend to get the final product with plenty of time in advance of the launch to make their products ready on the launch date.

It must have been a complicated process, but in a nutshell, hackers reportedly used the leaked ISO file to get hold of the activation certificate that Microsoft digitally signed for the original equipment manufacturer, or OEM version of Windows 7. It's rumored that the key that got hacked is one that can be used to activate multiple OEM-branded installations, such as Dell's, HP's, or, of course, Lenovo's.

I am no fan of the activation, (it's a pain when you change computer parts, which I do very frequently) but this is rather upsetting news. I am sure, in no time, you will be able to buy a copy of Windows 7 in China or Vietnam for less than a dollar.

Addressing this, Microsoft released a this statement to CNET News:

We are aware of reports of activation exploits that attempt to circumvent activation and validation in Windows 7, and we can assure customers that Microsoft is committed to protecting them from counterfeit and pirated software. Microsoft strongly advises customers not to download Windows 7 from unauthorized sources. Downloading Windows 7 from peer-to-peer Web sites exposes users to increased risks--such as viruses, Trojans, and other malware and malicious code--that usually accompany counterfeit software. These risks can seriously harm or permanently destroy data and often expose users to identity theft and other criminal schemes.
Src: Hackers rumored to have cracked Windows 7 activation | Security - CNET News

~LT

The cracked Windows 7 Ultimate can be permanently activated with OEM style instant offline activation which will pass Windows Genuine Advantage(WGA) validation.A Windows 7 Ultimate OEM DVD ISO image got leaked from Lenovo and was posted on a Chinese forum. The ISO was quickly grabbed to retrieve boot.wim, which was then used to retrieve the OEM-SLP product key and OEM certificate for Windows 7 Ultimate.
Windows 7 Ultimate OEM-SLP leaked product key is ********************.This can be used to activate installed Windows 7 Ultimate.
17d45v.jpg

For rest of the Windows 7 versions i.e.Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Home Basic, and Windows 7 Starter, the OEM-SLP keys are still in safe custody and have not been leaked, and hence can not be OEM-activated yet.But , as in case of the previous MS OS’s, Windows 7 activation tools, Windows 7 cracks, Windows 7 Loaders etc. from various hackers will follow the official release of the Windows 7.
:rofl:

Source:- Windows 7 Cracked and Activated !!

Ok.... this was supposed to happen one day or another....

But Inever expected that it shal happen 3 months before official release...

Lets see the progress from Microsoft side in this direction!!!!!

vista was not easily cracked

the reason were

i was first time for the hackers to hack using bios

in windows 7 they just wanted to know that does it uses the same protection as vista

they got the answer yes

and got the keys from the leno leak

so they just did the same trick to make the crack as they did for vista

For the experimenters - look for 7Loader_Release_4 and also for version 1.2.

1.2 works for those with HP/ Asus laptops in general, and for most people who are unsuccessful with the standard 7 Loader

Back