Budget 20-25K Good Looking Android Phablet

kidrow

Adept
Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 15-25k
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Nokia or Samsung (all of them seem to have the same design) or Mmx, Karbonn, Xolo etc.
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required Decent Rear Camera with Flash. Front Cam optional.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet, very basic gaming & general usage
10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual sim preferred, Phablet (4.7in. & above) preferred with good looks

Hi all,

I'm wanting suggestions on a decent phablet for my wife. The main criteria is looks. Also the phone should be lightweight for a Phablet. While cutting edge hardware is not a criteria, it has to have decent enough hardware to be lag-free for general usage.

Now, by good looks I'm not suggesting that she wants a stereotypical girly pink phone with bling or such. Rather, of the ones she's seen in stores, she has liked the Sony t2 ultra, Nexus 5, Lenovo K900, & the HP Slate 6. Of the YouTube videos she's seen, she has liked the Gionee S5.5 & Huawei Ascend P6. She dislikes Samsung because they all have a similar design.

Out of the ones listed above, the Sony t2 seems to be winning so far imo. As for the others,
Nexus 5 - Over the budget & overkill plus smaller
Lenovo K900 - Has issues with overheating amongst others
HP Slate 6 - So-so hardware & in that context, overpriced
Gionee s5.5 & Huawei P6 - Not found 'em yet in any B&M stores

So are there any other phones that we could look at? How does the LG G Pro Lite stack up?

Also, would appreciate if someone could point out any stores in Mumbai which have a wide variety of phones on display. We checked a few of the large retail stores in malls & found they all have the same ones on display.

& is it safe to buy from online stores in the context of the warranty being honored despite being an online purchase?

Many thanks for your time.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I agree that the Gionee e7 is impressive. But at that price, the preference would be for a more popular brand. Simply because in most Indian office environments, anything else becomes the subject of ridicule ('china maal'). & in this office, the catering & housekeeping staff carry Samsung Grand 2's & the like!
We'd be open to Gionee & Huawei etc. if it at least saves us some moolah. But at similar price points, the better known brand would win despite having poorer specs.

As for the Nexus 5, it is over the budget. We are struggling to justify spending 20-25k on a phone as is. So really not looking to up the budget. Besides, that much juice will really be overkill for the purpose.
Will look into the Moto X if it be seen in any B&M stores. Because we'd definitely like to check the looks in person if we are plonking down that much cash. Again though I must confess, if we are looking at 4.7 in. screens, I'd rather settle with the Moto G with the 4.5 in. screen & save the money.

Another contender could be the recently launched HTC Desire 816. Specs are very similar to the Sony T2. So far there's only Android Authority's review. Plus I'm not too sure how long it'll take to hit stores.

Any other upcoming mobiles? Again, many thanks!

dude you have mentioned about HK guys carrying grand 2....to be very honest...around 21k with some additional benefits of coupons....that's the best deal !!
But if the lady doesnt want it....surely see lenovo P780 (8Gb) with its quad core processor and Mediatek MT6589, it's a good performer with lots of battery juice and solid build for 16k!!then you have the likes of sony xperia sp for 21k and moto x for 23k !! moto X is a stunner !!

seeing your VFM option...i would go with P780 (8gb) ...make sure its a 8gb version and not 4gb !! it addresses most of your requirement and plus a VFM !!

Thanks for the reply mate. I believe we did look at the P780 in one particular store, but neither of us liked how it looked. So that's a no-go atm unless I'm mistaken about the model no. SP at 21k is overpriced imo. Would definitely prefer the 6 in. T2 @ 23.5k to that. As for the Moto, like I said earlier, we're yet to see 'em in any B&M stores.
Hoping the HTC 816 hits stores soon. If we can see it in person, I think it'll help matters a bit.
Again, thanks to all. Cheers!

Back