Budget 10-15K Good camera/dual SIM phone under 15k

Hi, I'm looking for a dual SIM phone under 15k.

Contenders are -
  1. Zenfone 2 ZE550ML
  2. Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
  3. Moto G2
  4. Lumia 640
  5. Lumia 730
  6. Huawei Honor 4X
  7. Lenovo A7000
  8. Xiaomi Mi 4i
My primary requirements are - good camera, decent battery life, niggle-free usage (lack of heating/connectivity/hangs), and decent after-sales support. So Micromax is out of contention.

I am also apprehensive about the Mi 4i (a lot of people are complaining about heating issues), and Huawei.

Also, between Zenfone 2 550 and 551, I don't think I need the 551ML if everything except the screen is same. If there are minor improvements to camera and build quality, I'd be open to considering the 551ML.

I don't plan on gaming, so GPU/CPU shouldn't be an issue, I guess. All of them should suffice for basic browsing, email etc.

Any suggestions? (I am open to phones other than these).

Among all options I would say zenfone 2 is best and if you dont need full HD screen 550 should be good enough.
Mi 4i biggest downside is no expandable memory and phone is heating a lot as per users.
If you are trying to save some money then A7000 is good device overall.
windows phone if need good camera go for 730 else 640.
so,
android - Zenfone 2>A7000
windows phone- 730>640

Lumia 730 is good all rounder... But since I switched from android to windows, I would advise against it if you use google services and syncing a lot...
In windows, I find browsing very difficult and watching youtube videos is painful..
Otherwise the 730 is a very decent phone with good display, camera and awesome battery life...

@Tenida is not much pleased with cam quality of Zenphone 551ML.
Not only the camera. Its a phone full of problem
Check my review here
http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/asus-zenfone-2-ze551-ml-review.174072/[DOUBLEPOST=1431622955][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't care much for the 16GB memory of Mi 4i. And camera is the primary reason I'm not buying a Moto E (or a similar-priced phone). I think I'll go with the Mi 4i in that case.

Thanks all!
Whatever phone you get but avoid Zenfone 2 at all cost.

Lumia 730 is good all rounder... But since I switched from android to windows, I would advise against it if you use google services and syncing a lot...
In windows, I find browsing very difficult and watching youtube videos is painful..
Otherwise the 730 is a very decent phone with good display, camera and awesome battery life...
can you please elaborate on the issues which you are facing? I love the specs and battery life of the 730 (or 735? It has 2200mah battery but its good). Though it'll take me a while to get used to the windows interface.

can you please elaborate on the issues which you are facing? I love the specs and battery life of the 730 (or 735? It has 2200mah battery but its good). Though it'll take me a while to get used to the windows interface.

Battery is unbelievable... Longest I have gone is 4 days on a single charge... But I'm a very light user with around 15-30 mins calls, 30 mins gps navigation, 1-2hr 3g usage per day...
The issues I face would be :-
  • There are no decent web browsers available. Chrome on android was awesome, it will sync up with your PC bookmarks, passwords etc and easy to use. But the best browser on lumia is internet explorer. :D
  • Watching youtube videos is not a pleasant experience. I have tried the default browser, some free apps.. but none are able to play high quality videos. Never tried the paid apps.
  • Google maps was easy to use compared to Here maps in lumia.
But for 11k, the 730 is a solid device... No heating, no hanging like android devices...[DOUBLEPOST=1433321561][/DOUBLEPOST]
THE issue: there are no native Google apps for Windows Phones and there would never be.

I have read in some article that after windows 10 update, android apps will become easily portable to windows so if the app developers chose to do so, we might get them on windows...

Most likely W10 will give option of dual boot. Not all developers will be keen on adapting their apps to W10, at <5% marketshare there is not enough incentive. For customers, why look at W10, when decent spec droids are available at attractive price points?

Meizu Note 1 is a recently launched option.

^when they are such battery-suckers! What i learned from android phones is that a really good phone will have at least a 3000mah battery and other good specs but which you dont get in 12k.

The Huawei honor 4x seems good..It's camera is brilliant and the battery life is too good. Only issue is the rare occasional lag and inability to play high end games at full throttle. Else, it's a brilliant device. Plus it's available at 10k.

Back