God of War: Ascension - Discussion Thread

holidays 2013, my guess

Edit: Also it can't be a prequel to 3, as 2 ends right where 3 pics up, it has to be a prequel to 2, somewhere between 1 and 2

My vague guess is based on the pattern of the previous releases (not counting the PSP and the remastered versions):

GOW - March 2005

GOW II - March 2007

GOW III - March 2010

These guys seem to love March.
<

I am pretty skeptical about that! I mean GOW III possibly gave us the ultimate levels of everything achievable (visuals, combat, gameplay hours, killer boss battles among others) in an exclusive title and squeezed all that 40GB+ data into a dual layer blu-ray disc. What could they better now!

I have seen all the BTS of this series.SM have some good creative people in their arsenal.Even their facilities are good (From whatever shown in the video).Therefore instead of stretching the old rubber they should get a new one.

Should apply their creative ideas to develop another equivalent game.

Release Date prediction: Holidays 2012. otherwise Eternal Fury.

Last of Us or a Title Fight w/ crossover characters will be the last kickass farewell game for PS3 next year. E3 2013 Playstation 4 announcement.

Yep! Sony confirms it. Slated for a Spring 2013 release and that is anytime starting March 20th.
tongu23e.gif

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]God of War: Ascension will follow Kratos' rise, in a prequel that discovers the origins of the Spartan warrior. According to the press release featured in the official PlayStation YouTube channel the game will feature "the origins of Kratos as he takes his first steps on a now legendary quest for freedom and vengeance."[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In the original God of War, Kratos is revealed to be a former captain in the Spartan army before allying with the god Ares. This may hint at the subject matter of the upcoming title.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Game director Todd Pappy is not stranger to the series and has worked as design director on God of War III. He now takes a development role previously filled by David Jaffe, Cory Barlog and Stig Asmussen.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The game currently has a Spring 2013 release date pegged on its official PlayStation page, however we reached out to Sony and were told there are no confirmed details for the release date as of yet.[/font]

The Verge

Yep! Sony confirms it. Slated for a Spring 2013 release and that is anytime starting March 20th.
tongu23e.gif

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Game director Todd Pappy is not stranger to the series and has worked as design director on God of War III. He now takes a development role previously filled by David Jaffe, Cory Barlog and Stig Asmussen.[/font]

The Verge

Lol new director for a new title.Trend of SM.
happy55.gif
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]David Jaffe and Cory Barlog were the best.[/font]

God of War: Chains of Olympus had briefly touched on Krato's past. It would be good to know how his life was before he became "God of War". They could string a lot of elements together like his childhood memories, his family, his relationship with Demois etc. They have been depicted in smaller quantities in almost all the previous titles, but not in detail. This could very well be dubbed as the birth of Kratos.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Game director Todd Pappy[/font]

Popeye's father?
<

I was expecting a prequel on how he became Ghost of Sparta.There would be another teaser or trailer coming on 30th April.

Back