Budget 71-90K Gaming Laptop from US - Budget $1500

hsetir

Disciple
Going to buy a high end gaming laptop which should last a couple of years at least.
My friend, returning from US, would be getting it for me. So, shipping/customs shouldn't be a problem.
I looked over a few and am bent towards MSI GT70 870m, which is currently selling at $1400. Still undecided on whether to get 15" or 17", but I might be going for the latter.

I'm aware of Y510p and upcoming Y50, but I believe 870m should be considerably better than these.

Please also help me on deciding where to buy from, customization, deals, coupons etc if any.

Open to other suggestions or any issues that I should be aware of.

Thank you all in advance!

you should take into consideration the gaming features available for MSI GT70 and Lenovo Y510P. Specification and feature wise, GT70 is really the beast with gaming features such as SteelSeries KB and SSE for MACRO functions, premium Danish Dynaudio sounds, Super Raid, Cooler Boost, etc. Y510P do not have these neat features and is more of an entertainment device.
finally, it's really up to you which one you'd like to have in a long run.

Thanks for your reply.

I've already ordered for GT70 Dominator 895; got a decent deal at $1357, along with Samsung EVO 250GB ssd for $154.
I believe Y510P i7-version selling at $999 has significantly better price-performance ratio, but issues related with SLI was a deal-breaker for me.
Then GT70 has great looks apart from better performance and bigger screen, which was enough for me.

And I've come to know that MSI would be launching these laptops soon in India. What is the expected price range for my model?

And I've come to know that MSI would be launching these laptops soon in India. What is the expected price range for my model?

Yes, but most likely it will be available on the second half of the year because of certification applications. As for the price range, it is relative to those anywhere else in the world, taking in considerations taxes, shipping costs, warranty inclusion.

I am also planning to buy ASUS ROG G750JM-DS71 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop, GeForce GTX 860M Graphics @ $1,299 from Amazon.com . I prefer Left/Right click touch pad as i am use to with ASUS X53TA-SX096D thats why i am choosing this gaming laptop. Other better suggestions are also welcome.
Two more things, Just want to confirm regarding Indian debit cards working on Newegg or Amazon US.
2) Which brand does carry international warranty and entertained in India?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Have to taken a look at Sager and their options?
Go to Xoticpc.com and check them out, best value for money but if you have any problems you will have to send it back to the USA. Nevertheless, the laptops are powerful and fairly cheap.

I am thinking the Y50+512GB Samsung SSD+New 1080 screen for $100 max

The price comes out to 1.4 CAD. What do you guys think?

Product availability with exact SKUs for each countries is different. If you need to buy in Canada, might as well ask in Canadian forums for some advise.

Ok I just checked the Y50 here in Canada at the icrosoft store. I saw the UHD version.

Beautifully done. Understated exterior yet very cool once you open it up.

UHD version doesnt have the problematic screen. Although I would have appreciated anti-glare, its viewing angles both horizontal and vertical is good. Scaling issues are rampant though! (microsoft? wtf?!)

I would recommend getting the MSI Ghost or Lenovo Y50. Lenovo for the lower price and high VFM. Ghost with 3k for the absolutely stunning gaming experience.

I finally decided to get the microsoft store exclusive version of the Y50!

UHD Touch screen(Reflective BUT IPS and great viewing angles)+860M (Maxwell version)+256GB SSD.

Light weight, powerful and has that understated cool look. LOVE IT!

Back