FS: XFX 7900GT in AS-IS condition (not working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clank

Disciple
For sale here is my XFX geforce 7900GT which started giving me problems sometime in mid October 2007 and has been lying unused since then. The card itself was purchased in Summer 2006 from the US and i have no idea about its warranty status in the US. Nobody here will service it since it doesnt have Indian warranty so i just gave up.

Description of the card - The card boots up fine in windows XP and the fan spins like usual.
When connected to one of the DVI ports at the back the entire screen has a turquoise overlay along with some greenish dots (not very noticeable).
When connected to the other DVI port the display is fine but the greenish dots are still there.
As soon as i try to do anything 3D the PC freezes and then reboots.

Physical Description - Nothing seems burnt or broken ; the card hadn't been overclocked for months before it died - temperatures were always normal.
Physically as far as i can see the card is exactly like a proper functional card.

I don't know what the problem is and i couldnt get any service center to have a look either. A guy in Nehru Place had a look at it but he knew nothing about Graphics Cards so he just checked all the joints for dry solder - that wasn't the problem.
I haven't tried reflashing or removing heatsink etc. as i'm not comfortable doing that.

I'm selling this is AS-IN condition. No returns accepted. You may be able to get it working with little effort or may not even with a lot of effort - i have no idea. Pictures have been attached.

Open to offers by PM only. I was gonna put it on eBay and have priced it in accordance with what sells there -
eBay Link 1
eBay Link 2
I decided to try here for couple of days before i put it up on eBay myself so sensible offers only plz.

EDIT - The buyer gets the card, some misc documentation, 1 dvi-vga adapter, a couple of cables that were bundled with the card, 1 molex to pci-e adapter. I have the original box as well but thats too big to ship so only local buyers can pick that up too.

PS: If somebody can help me get this repaired so i don't have to sell this off then i'll be very grateful if you help :)

hmm

does it have US warranty left

if yes then u can contact KMD for RMAing

and besides this what smps are u using tell that first

^^ My brother had bought it for me from the states on his last trip in summers, 06. I don't know where he got if from and neither do i have any retail invoice etc. so have no idea about warranty but most probably its not covered so don't wanna risk spending anything on this card - specially since i'm broke as i had to buy a replacement card on an emergency basis. It served me well when i used to game a lot so now i'm just looking to get a little money from a lost cause :)

Btw the card's already been sold, fastest sale i've had so far :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back