FS : Encore PCI express Sata II and ESATA Raid 0 / 1 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hey guys.

I got this SATA 2 PCI express x1 raid card as i was running out of sata ports on my old motherboard. 6 = not enough.
And I honestly did not want cheap SATA PCI express cards as they suck in performance.

So I imported this. Its a SATA 2 Raid card supporting Raid 0 and 1. Has total of 4 sata ports including 2 ESATA ports. So great for adding couple of internal as well as couple of external eSATA drives.
eSATA cables are included with the card :D
Selling for Rs. 1750 shipped.

Its brand new card. Dont need it anymore as I have the board with 8 Sata ports now :p

Not gonna sell it off for throw away price. you never know when it will come handy :p

Will cost you 1900/1950 bucks to import from KMD.

Standard KMD warranty applies.

Here are the pics.

Here is the result with old 7200.10 seagate 320GB HDD.
No problems installing drivers at all. Worked out of box.

yes.

I havent used this yet. But I bought this on advice of a friend who has 2 of these in his server system.

If you want, I can open it and test it tonight.

yes, it does. Those noobs who have posted those reviews on the newegg obviously dont know how to setup the jumpers on the card :p
Anyway I feel its best that i test this card and post the results for probable buyer.

Neat stuff there!

Didnt knew stuff like these were avaiable else wld have taken it.

Dont need it at the moment,

all the best with the sale :)

ok, i installed the card. Worked perfectly fine out of the box. Automatically took drivers from windows internet search.
Results posted in 1st post.

These are almost identical to the ICH9R results with obvious difference of burst speed.

Yes, I got the PM. As soon as i get the confirmation into my account, it will be shipped out. Mostly tomorrow itself.

Funky please ship it on monday or later if that is not a problem. I dont want the package to land on the weekend without anyone around to collect it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back