FS- Dell Inspiron 640m- Unopened Box- Core Duo/Ultrasharp WXGA+ screen/DVD writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

superczar

Skilled
Brand new Dell Inspiron 640m...
Unopened Box

Config:

Core Duo T2060
14.1 " WXGA+ screen with truelife (1440X900 ..not the usual 1280X800)
512 MB (single stick)
DVD RW
80GB SATA drive
6 cell battery

Reaon for sale: Funny reason actually....This was meant to be a surprise gift for my Sis, and I liked this config, and went ahead and ordered it...It's in fact still on its way from the Malaysia factory, and expected to reach me by end of this week

However, I broached upon this topic with her today, it seems she is totally in awe with the Pink Sony Vaio C
She doesn't know I have already ordered this, so I'm trying to sell this off and pick that (silly) Pink Vaio C if possible....

IF I am unable to sell this in the next 1 week or so, I'll gift it to her, though I'd definitley want to give her what she really wants (which is that silly Pink Vaio C :mad: )

If you are looking for online reviews of the 640m, search for the Inspiron 640m or the Inspiron E1405

They are both the same models, just that the 640m is called the E1405 on the Dell US home & Small biz site

Just to clarify...
This laptop was ordered from Dell India on 26th Feb
The lates update I have from the Sales rep is the build and testing was completed on 28th feb and the laptop was shipped from Dell's Malaysia plant on the 1st

I expect to receive it by the end of this week, and if I complete a sale by then, I will pass on the whole pack (unopened if wanted)

The machine will be under 1 year Dell India warranty
and plz don't negotiate on the prices as the machine is brand new, will be unopened, won't even be second-hand yet the price is already discounted

Oh Horrors! I just bought a laptop Acer Aspire 5101 two days ago......Grr...I would have really bought this one...

Sure....nps mate..

AMD Turion MK 36 2 GHz (Single Core :mad: )(Even TurionX2 is no where near Core Duo)
512 MB DDR II 533 MHz (No Complains here)
15.4" Screen with Crystal Bright (1280 * 800 :mad:)(Dell supports 1440X900)
8x DVD-RW (No Complains here)
60GB PATA Drive (Wtf? theres hardly cost difference between 60 and 80)
6 Cell Battery 4000mAh
Wieghs 2.8KG and Battery life of 67 Minutes on full load and max brightness

This thing costed me 34k. I would have readily given 5K more for the following advantge

More processing power
Higher Resolution Support
20 GB more HDD space
Longer Battery life
And last, not least, a lighter laptop

I am gonna kill u for posting this sale so late.

Morning bump...

I expect to receive the package tomorrow or latest by Monday...

If this doesn't close out by then , I'll be opening up the pack as I won't be able to resist the temptation to play around with it :p

superczar said:
Morning bump...

I expect to receive the package tomorrow or latest by Monday...

If this doesn't close out by then , I'll be opening up the pack as I won't be able to resist the temptation to play around with it :p

if a friend of my gets admission in Mba, he will be buying a laptop, so he might pick this one up, his result r out on 10th march so i will let you know after that ;)

Okies, I just checked with Dell, and apparently they have a 30 day no-qstn-asked returns policy :) :hap2: :hap5:
the only loss I will suffer is the shipping charges and a minimal Restocking fee but even with that, i'll be better off than selling it at 39K....

So I'll prolly play around with it for the next 10-15 days and then return it back....

Nevertheless, If someone is willing to pick it up within the next 10 days, I wouldn't mind passing it on for the quoted price .....saves me the hassle of shipping back and waiting for the credit

bump.. :bleh:

BTW, if you are trying to configure the same on Dell India, don't forget to add the Ultrasharp (1440X900) and DVD writer upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back