[no longer available] Free Win 8.1 key to Dreamspark members

kuduku

Skilled
< RESELLING MSDN KEYS IS ILLEGAL! DO NOT OFFER KEYS, DO NOT ASK FOR KEYS! >

Dreamspark premium access is no longer available with ACM Student membership

Its an update to my old thread http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/2-win-8-keys-for-900-bucks-from-dreamspark.139479/ which is locked so making a new thread . All old members of dreamspark who took membership with me for Dreamspark have new Win8.1 32/64 key free here http://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/Off...s=7bac12f0-9f9b-e011-969d-0030487d8897&vsro=8
Just login , add to cart and buy free of cost . All old dreamspark keys of Win 8 are also entitled for free Win 8.1 upgrade so all Win 8 pro/media centre users can upgrade to Win 8.1 if they want
thanks to user @Tech_enthu for reminding me that Win8.1 free key available so all Dreamspark users please get your free Win 8.1 key
ANOTHER WIN 8 KEY ????? CANT BE A BETTER DEAL FOR 900 BUCKS FOR ALL MS KEYS ........ENJOY ANOTHER KEY

UPDATE 28 SEPT
@Tech_enthu has updated with his download details
downloaded the 8.1 through dreamspark, am sharing the crc and hash values so that all can see if I have a wrong version or is it the same..
lets compare them.
CRC 32 - 2ed09cde
MD5 -- f104b78019e86e74b149ae5e510f7be9
SHA-1 -- bc2f7ff5c91c9f0f8676e39e703085c65072139b
So please share.. and if these are different then can we have links to download the right ones.

Install instructions
But for others who are wanting to upgrade, do it without the wondows 8 key and or if you are installing a new one then also don't use the windows 8 key in installation, activate after installation using the windows 8 key, it works this way,.
I checked that.
Also do not worry about the upgrade not being available, coz it will be available after the 30th october or so.

Basically it means dont use your Win8 keys to upgrade or fresh install but use straight away Win8.1 keys, thus adding our Win8 OS total tally

This is what we have achieved in 900 bucks
Important software keys available were/are
Win 8.1 -- 1 key
Win 8 Pro -- 4 keys
Win 7 Pro -- 2 keys
Win XP Pro -- 4 keys
Win Vista -- 7 keys ( I know nobody wants it but its there nevertheless)
Windows Server 2012

For new ACM registrants
Question by @phoenix844884
http://www.techenclave.com/communit...dreamspark-members.153109/page-5#post-1885103
Even though the registration page clearly states that there will be no Dreamspark Premium Package services included for the student membership, will we still get the option to 'opt-in' a few days later? Or have they since changed their policies and we need to register with a more expensive membership tier?
Reply as on 25Oct13 by @YashBhatt
http://www.techenclave.com/communit...dreamspark-members.153109/page-5#post-1885341
I just got my Dreamspark details on my new ACM account created yesterday
So, you will still be able to get a legit copy of windows with new ACM accounts

Updated on 25Oct

Last edited by a moderator:
is the 8.1 update out ?

Im using windows 8 and do not see any update !

I clicked on "Add features to windows 8 --> Already have a key ---> pasted key " got message that the key wont work , enter a new key...

Last edited:
is the 8.1 update out ?

Im using windows 8 and do not see any update !
Windows 8.1 is not available for retail sale till yet. It is going to release on 18th Oct.
It is not just an windows update. Microsoft considers 8.1 as an standalone OS. However if you have a legit Windows 8 key, there are some methods to activate it on 8.1.

Last edited:
WOAH i though windows 8.1 was free?[DOUBLEPOST=1380337763][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok i got it i will get the update free but it is 8.1 SKU that they are selling
SWEETETTT

Thanks @kuduku, for making this thread active again :)
I can say that for now there is only 1 8.1 key available for us old members.
We can find other language keys like we did for windows 8 and can increase our key count.

But for others who are wanting to upgrade, do it without the wondows 8 key and or if you are installing a new one then also don't use the windows 8 key in installation, activate after installation using the windows 8 key, it works this way,.
I checked that.

Also do not worry about the upgrade not being available, coz it will be available after the 30th october or so.[DOUBLEPOST=1380346616][/DOUBLEPOST]I downloaded the 8.1 through dreamspark, am sharing the crc and hash values so that all can see if I have a wrong version or is it the same..
lets compare them.
CRC 32 - 2ed09cde
MD5 -- f104b78019e86e74b149ae5e510f7be9
SHA-1 -- bc2f7ff5c91c9f0f8676e39e703085c65072139b

So please share.. and if these are different then can we have links to download the right ones.

@kuduku

Last edited:
8.1 is great....installed genuine msdn one 2 days before....
Installed it after using windows 7 for 3 years.....

Better than 8....includes bugfixes and all...

Currently my laptop is running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro 64 bit without loosing any data?

If yes, which key should I use? 8 or 8.1?

Thanks.

Thanks.
No its not.

If u use windows 8 key, u get Windows 8,if u use 8.1, u get 8.1.

Thanks.
You can upgrade from Win8 to Win8.1 free but cannot go back from Win8.1 key to Win8 . So take a Win8 key it gives both , flexibility of retaining Win8

Back