Flipkart World Book Day offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi

Skilled
Flipkart has started offers on books from 15th April, new offer will be there everyday, till 23rd.

UQ1hVRo.jpg

Today's offer was 50% of on Box sets. The page mentions its active till 12 noon only, however its still working :p

My recommendations:
1. Tintin
2. Game of Thrones (Aka Song of Ice and Fire) Box Set (close your eyes and just buy it)
3. Calvin and Hobbes
4. LOTR series
5. Steig Larson Box Set. (The Girl with dragon tattoo and other books. Must have!)
6. Charles Dickens
7. Nicholas Sparks (if you are into romance)

Tomorrow's offer will be on Romance Books. Link. Buy Nicholas Sparks box set, which is better. Don't buy Indian author romance, they are shit.[DOUBLEPOST=1397914145][/DOUBLEPOST]Today's offers on Kids' books. Link

My recommendations:
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
Wimpy Kid books
Books of R K Narayan
Amar Chitra Katha Books
Anne Frank's bio: Dairy of a young girl
Enid Blyton's Famous Five

Last edited:
^ welcome to flipkart sale. Even the Tintin book set was around 3.8k when I was thinking of buying it before the sale. During the sale it was listed at 5.3k.
Que Idea mobile song here for flipkart. No ullu banaowing…

Interesting, during the sale the price was around 2400.
^ welcome to flipkart sale. Even the Tintin book set was around 3.8k when I was thinking of buying it before the sale. During the sale it was listed at 5.3k.
Que Idea mobile song here for flipkart. No ullu banaowing…
FK always does that, like always. Its not new for them to hike prices during offers. So its always better to check other sites

US5PSyT.jpg

50% off on Crime, Suspense and Thriller Books - LINK

My recommendations (by Author name):
- Arthur Conan Doyale
- Agatha Christie
- Jack London
- Stephen King
- Steig Larsson
- Robert Ludlum (buy Bourne Series)
- Ian Fleming (for Bond fans, but not that a great suspense thrillers)
- Robin Cook
- John Grisham
- Jeffrey Archer
- Frederick Forsyth
- David Baldacci
- Sydney Sheldon (good 18+ stuff too :p)
- Keigo Higashino (The Devotion Of Suspect X, it will f*ck your brain)

If you want title recommendations then let me know. But you can buy all books of Arthur Conan Doyale, Agatha Christie & Steig Larsson. I promise you no disappointment.

two box sets at 50%, The Clifton Chronicles by Jeffery Archer and John Grisham Boxed Set.

Don't forget to check prices in the link provided by @phoenix844844

Michael Crichton's books are pretty awesome. He writes mystery novels and adventure stories.
He is the author of the Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Disclosure.
State of Fear is my favourite. Disclosure is pretty awesome too.

When buying books do yourself a favor and do a simple search here - www.indiabookstore.net

And
http://www.mysmartprice.com/books/
http://isbn.net.in/
http://www.iglooo.in/

Been ages that the last two worked with a 100% success rate, but doesnt hurts to run a search.

- Keigo Higashino (The Devotion Of Suspect X, it will f*ck your brain)

Thanks for the uber recommendation. Such stuff generally pours out when the compulsion is too much. I hope and request other members to bring up book recommndations after they are done reading books than just mentioning what they started/finished off in the book thread.

Last edited:
hato9pK.jpg

Today's offer, 50% on comics and graphic novels LINK

I recommend graphic novels by Alan Moore [V for Vendetta, Watchmen, From Hell]. And also Maus [Must buy!] which is about holocaust. A great book.

I think @alekhkhanna would recommend better titles ;-)

Me too! Brofist!

I was avoiding spending money on all these book offers. That 50% off on comics and graphic novels opened the flood gates. Spent 4800 on graphic novels and other discounted books today.
Plus saved an additional INR 300 by splitting the huge order into two of 2.4k eack and getting 150 off per order on the mobile app. ;)

Me too! Brofist!

I was avoiding spending money on all these book offers. That 50% off on comics and graphic novels opened the flood gates. Spent 4800 on graphic novels and other discounted books today.
Plus saved an additional INR 300 by splitting the huge order into two of 2.4k eack and getting 150 off per order on the mobile app. ;)
Would have had spent more but have an EMI to repay. This is a gift for someone. Could not get anything for myself :(

0O8xwEj.jpg

Loot lo bhai log, 50% on some of the books is really great offer. LINK

Bro tip: Buy as much as possible from this list, except those one's from Indian authors, you will be fine. However compare the price. This is the last day :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back