Flipkart and warranty ?

I was shopping for a tablet( samsung tab3) at a local shop and since they were quoting a high price i said its much less with online retailers like flipkart , they said that if i buy from online guaranty will not be honored. Even the local samsung store said the same thing that service center wont take products purchased online . Is this true or the local fells including the authorized store propagating false information to get sales .

No, it is entirely false. They are hurt by online business, thats why they do all tactics like this. Next time if they tell you, ask them to give the same in written format and threaten them that you will sue them in court.

It doesn't matter from where you buy, if you are entitled to warranty then you will be given.

It's somewhat true. Service centres of Samsung, for it products excluding mobiles are rejecting warranty saying you have to go to a service centre on the location were e retailer is located to get warranty. Source:- my friend, who is an it dealer

It's somewhat true. Service centres of Samsung, for it products excluding mobiles are rejecting warranty saying you have to go to a service centre on the location were e retailer is located to get warranty. Source:- my friend, who is an it dealer
Its somewhat true, just because a stupid service center employee says so?
Warranty is National Warranty, they can not ask us to go to the place where we bought the product. (unless and until it specifically mentioned by the Manufacturer).
Your friend should not be spreading rumours like this.
Being a consumer, we have all the rights to choose the Service center convenient to us. There should not be two different kind of warranties for the brick and mortar stores and online stores.

^Yes, they told my friend same shit. Then next time I went with him and I was also told same. I asked them to give it in writing and I will take matter forward with Samsung. They started saying, there are many other customers, we don't have time and all. So I took a piece of paper and wrote what they said and I asked them to put a shop seal on it. They were reluctant to do it. I waited for 15-20 more minutes and told them (rather shouted in bit high voice) that I am gonna sue them in consumer court and they have to face a legal proceeding for not providing service. And also made them hear the voice I recorded on my phone. And then they apologized, started saying sorry and all and took my friend's mobile for service. He also told me they usually don't take such mobiles, but they gave an exception in my case. Exception my ass.

So, you are completely entitled to warranty, doesn't matter from where you bought. If any service center refuses to service your mobile, shot an email to samsung regional office or samsung india.

Nice work avi. I am wondering how on earth are Samsung Service center are hand in glove with Brick n mortar shops rather than samsung products on the whole.
Also Nokia didnt ask for invoice copies unless it was an old model and in warranty. They check s/n on the phone.

One of the local mobile dealers told me that the local service center get some money for every mobile sold in the city. So they try not to take mobile bought from other sources.

The only problem is of DOA cases while buying online. In case of major hardware problem, the service center , even if repairable, issues doa and u have to claim the new phone from your original point of sale.

One of the local mobile dealers told me that the local service center get some money for every mobile sold in the city. So they try not to take mobile bought from other sources.

The only problem is of DOA cases while buying online. In case of major hardware problem, the service center , even if repairable, issues doa and u have to claim the new phone from your original point of sale.
I think this DOA is mostly taken care of by reputed online retailers (like FK, Amazon) by their 30-day return policies.

^^^ only ws retail from flipkart allows replacement. All others require u to get doa from service center and reship the phone and certificate to dealer. All this takes nearly upwards 20 days.

^^^ only ws retail from flipkart allows replacement. All others require u to get doa from service center and reship the phone and certificate to dealer. All this takes nearly upwards 20 days.

Amazon has no questions asked return policy, for fulfilled by Amazon products. Even for flimsy reasons like, better price elsewhere.

Flipkart only accepts valid reasons and too offers only replacement. Or if replacement is not possible, In rare cases, refunds.

In India as far as I know their is no difference in online and offline purchases if you have a proper VAT and TIN bill . All those who say that online has no warranty is bullshxt
Are their any products in India which differ in warranty conditions due to place and mode of purchase that is Brick and Mortar stores OR Online purchases ??

I bought a Casio digital watch for 500/- from Flipkart. It went bad after six months. I went to the authorized service center in my town to get it repaired under warranty. He refused point blank saying on-line purchase are not supported by the warranty service here and when I threatened him with consumer court etc. he did not flinch. I wrote a mail to the regional office of Casio (in Kolkata) complaining about this dealer/service center. Did not get any reply from them. I stopped pursuing the matter.

I bought a Casio digital watch for 500/- from Flipkart. It went bad after six months. I went to the authorized service center in my town to get it repaired under warranty. He refused point blank saying on-line purchase are not supported by the warranty service here and when I threatened him with consumer court etc. he did not flinch. I wrote a mail to the regional office of Casio (in Kolkata) complaining about this dealer/service center. Did not get any reply from them. I stopped pursuing the matter.

Take it up with Flipkart. Tell them u were not informed by them that there will b no warranty m all. It will surely help some way or the other....

It seems more and more service centres are initially denying service for online product purchase and later once u threaten them, they are maybe relenting. This is so sad. Sab mile hue hai sale - company, distributors, retailers and service centre guys[DOUBLEPOST=1401136161][/DOUBLEPOST]
Amazon has no questions asked return policy, for fulfilled by Amazon products. Even for flimsy reasons like, better price elsewhere.

Flipkart only accepts valid reasons and too offers only replacement. Or if replacement is not possible, In rare cases, refunds.
I seriously did not know that Amazon has no question asked return policy. Very cool

It seems more and more service centres are initially denying service for online product purchase and later once u threaten them, they are maybe relenting. This is so sad. Sab mile hue hai sale - company, distributors, retailers and service centre guys[DOUBLEPOST=1401136161][/DOUBLEPOST]
I seriously did not know that Amazon has no question asked return policy. Very cool

For example i got a book for my sister it was 350.

2 weeks later the price was 150.

Thats 200 off.

SO i ordered a new one , returned the new one in the old order.

The best thing about amazon is that i get the refund confirmation as soon as it is picked up , not after it reaches the warehouse ,checking etc...

Back