First PayPal A/c. Nee Help.

Willer

Disciple
Hello,
I am from India and I want to open PP A/c for online transactions including Sending money to other PP a/c both Indian and Non-Indian users, receiving from both Indian and Non-Indian users and ofcourse using it for purchasing things from abroad.

I have accounts in two banks. i.e. IDBI and South Indian Bank. I don't have a Credit Card.

I want to know if PP will accept any one or both Debit cards and/or Bank accounts to verify and use online.

If PP doesn't accept either of the banks then which ones do they accept ?

Thank you in advance !

Only ICICI, HDFC VCC works sometime, debit card of HDFC don't work...
Debit card mostly work everywhere but not with paypal.

As it has been said above, a CC is a must for PP, or ICICI debit card. Only ICICI, nothing else. VCC works, as they act like a Credit card, like Entropay and all.
And I am not sure, but I don't think you will be able to send money from your Indian PayPal a/c to another Indian PayPal registered a/c.
@prateekS will be able to tell you better.

So any bank's Credit Card can work to verify the account and If i want to use a debit card to verify then only ICICI ? Also, i heard that new cards which are coming with some CHIP won't work with PAYPAL !!
And other confusions:-

1) CC is a must have to purchase online ? Can't we use the Debit card ?
2) Received funds can't be stored in PayPal. Compulsory to transfer it to Bank A/C ?
Man, This PayPal is so annoying !

Last edited:
Yes, any normal banks CC work. But have heard problems with SBI CC, so not sure, don't have idea about those brilliant PSU banks, sorry :(

To activate your PayPal account, any card will work, any debit or credit card. And you can even receive money from others, but not send or purchase anything online. So CC / VCC / ICICI Debit card is a must to do online transactions like international eBay and all.

And yes, received funds can't be stored in an Indian registered PayPal account. And I don't think PayPal has anything to do with it, sodding RBI is the one to blame here, I think.

So any bank's Credit Card can work to verify the account and If i want to use a debit card to verify then only ICICI ? Also, i heard that new cards which are coming with some CHIP won't work with PAYPAL !!
And other confusions:-

1) CC is a must have to purchase online ? Can't we use the Debit card ?
2) Received funds can't be stored in PayPal. Compulsory to transfer it to Bank A/C ?
Man, This PayPal is so annoying !

I have a chip based ICICI debit card, and surely it does work with paypal and most other foreign websites.

I have a chip based ICICI debit card, and surely it does work with paypal and most other foreign websites.

Okay, So if i apply for a new ICICI savings account then i will get that new chip based cards. Are they Visa or MC ? And i can use it verify the PayPal A/c and also to purchase items or to send money to other PP users abroad ?

Yes, any normal banks CC work. But have heard problems with SBI CC, so not sure, don't have idea about those brilliant PSU banks, sorry :(

To activate your PayPal account, any card will work, any debit or credit card. And you can even receive money from others, but not send or purchase anything online. So CC / VCC / ICICI Debit card is a must to do online transactions like international eBay and all.

And yes, received funds can't be stored in an Indian registered PayPal account. And I don't think PayPal has anything to do with it, sodding RBI is the one to blame here, I think.

Do you mean that the Activation/Verification can be done with the existing SIB/IDBI card ?

Okay, So if i apply for a new ICICI savings account then i will get that new chip based cards. Are they Visa or MC ? And i can use it verify the PayPal A/c and also to purchase items or to send money to other PP users abroad ?

Do you mean that the Activation/Verification can be done with the existing SIB/IDBI card ?
Apply for an ICICI B2 account if you are going to open an account only for PayPal. B2 gives you a virtual credit card which works well with PayPal and on other sites too.

Same thing. eWallet is ICICI's name for their VCC offering.
Oh. Can we use the B2 account for netbanking payments or it only works as vcc ? for Indian websites like ebay.in
Please PM me your gtalk or yahoo id. I need to discuss a few things.
Thank you so much.

Back