Android Finally Android 4.3 OTA for Galaxy Note 2 rolled out in INDIA.

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Just got the update on my Galaxy Note 2.
Its 700MB and currently downloading.
Finally after over a year now Samsung has rolled out a major update for Galaxy Note 2. :)
The same is also available using Samsung Kies software.
So almost after an hour the download completed and the update was installed successfully.
Screenshot_2013-11-19-17-52-11.png
Kies.png
Screenshot_2013-11-19-18-46-07.png
Screenshot_2013-11-19-18-46-13.png
After the device was updated.
Screenshot_2013-11-19-19-02-12.png
Loving the transparent notification bar.
Screenshot_2013-11-19-19-02-27.png
The tabbed menu like the S4.
Screenshot_2013-11-19-19-03-55.png
Screenshot_2013-11-19-19-04-25.png
Apps can now be moved to SD card.
No major upgrade in the camera app.
It looks kind of mix bag reaction.... The home screen and menus seem fresh but the icons of most of the apps still look old school. May have to wait till they all get updated to the new UI.
But overall looks fresh.
Funny thing is once you update to 4.3 Samsung Kies will no longer detect your phone unless you update Kies to version 3 :)
Anyways... This is all for now....
Would definitely like to try it out for a few days before concluding on the battery and other things this update has boasted of.

Last edited:
After the Update looks like my Note 2 Consumes more charge.

Generally I used to charge my device once in 2 days but now I have to do it daily :(

By default the screen brightness is enhanced. Reduce the screen brightness to less than what you normally use. After the update you will get the same amount of brightness with a lesser setting.
I too faced that on first day. Also With Samsung OTA updates its always a good practise to Shutdown and start up your phone once.
I have observed this with every OTA small or big that the battery consumption is more untill you restart the phone. Sounds strange but works :D Could be due to their update mechanism.

@xtremevicky They had rolled out the 4.3 for SIII but pulled off within few hours due to some issues. I think it will begin soon again.

Has samsung said anything regarding the 4.4 for any phone?
No Idea.
Looking at their current record of taking more than a year to roll out a major update for their flag ship device I would not bank on a new update for atleast a year..
Maybe I would just switch away from Samsung till then. I am not at all impressed by the Samsung quality. I still miss my trusty Nokia N8. (Wish I had not sold it )
The next Nexus would definitely be the device I would buy IF its not made my Samsung(I think it will be Moto this time)
Sammobile is best site to check for official news from Samsung. Also their twitter feed informs you before anyone else if any new update is out for your region.
Those waiting for a new update than 4.3 for Samsung devices... I would say .... Move on.... Dont expect too much...

Back