Error: Cannot connect to primary dns server 75:75:75:75

DarkAngel

Skilled
My cousin in the states has a Inspiron 1525 laptop which has a Marvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet.
His wifi adaptor is probably a 'Broadcom BCM 4311'. His adapter had been displaying failure message for the last few days and yesterday it failed to connect to his wifi n/w.
Internet via his LAN worked fine yesterday but today even that seems to throw an error message 'Error: Cannot connect to primary dns server 75:75:75:75'

Can't connect to Primary DNS Server when trying to access internet - Microsoft Answers

I asked him to try few of the solutions in the above link but still the system wouldn't connect to internet.
I suggested that he re-installs windows but he is not ready to do that. He is currently running original windows vista.

My final suggestion was to get a external USB TP-Link or Belkin 54Mbps for $15 or so. Or on the higher end may be a 150Mbps $25-$30 ones.
But will using another adapter solve the issue? I am not very strong with n/w. My assumption is that since this is a different adapter all together the settings would be different and there shouldn't be an issue connection to the wifi connection using this adapter.

Need your suggestion guys. Its kind of urgent. He will probably order in a day or two.

I had the same issue with my cousin's laptop when she got it here from the US. Might be something to do with the wifi channel.

Its not here. He has been using the laptop for quite a few years in US and he is in US now. He hasn't brought it to India in the last year or so. So I think that shouldn't be an issue.

Dunno, then. The wifi on my cousin's was an Atheros and I never got around to investigating the issue. Read up on the wifi channels quite some time later. OR might be an issue with the encryption.

Anyways, getting a USb card should solve the problem. Would suggest to also check if the issue is there with other routers too.

Back