DSLR Suggestions...!

DSLR IN 35K TO 40K..?

• Total voters

harshalzz

Disciple
Hello mates I am planning to buy a good mid range dslr in 35k to 40k so am bit confused with
two brands CANON AND NIKON
short listed some machines..
1.canon 600d (t3i)
2.nikon d5200
3.nikon d5100
so guys may i know about which one is best among this or you can tell me other brands to.
My use- wild photography,low light photography & sports photography. Am beginner to..

Look at the lens. The options available, prices, your preferences. What you are talking about is the DSLR body which will not be the most expensive part of your expenditure down the line. The body can be changed/upgraded later but once you have a lens collection it will be difficult to change brands.
Check what your friends have, that way you can try out their lens as well.

Look at the lens. The options available, prices, your preferences. What you are talking about is the DSLR body which will not be the most expensive part of your expenditure down the line. The body can be changed/upgraded later but once you have a lens collection it will be difficult to change brands.
Check what your friends have, that way you can try out their lens as well.
i agree with you..! Mate here scean is different am gooing to use one body for all lens as am beginner so difficult to invest on lens all of sudden. if i select nikon brand then y am goona switch other brands if i want to upgrade lens their are various options in nikon and external option are also their like tamron sigma lens etc. My main confusion is selecting good body among these which can help me to get good result after upgradation of lens. and then slowly slowly i will upgrade lens.

@harshalzz ...All the camera's that you have mentioned are pretty good. Google up a couple of comparison sites to check between the ones you have mentioned. Check the prices, see which one has more of the features that you require and make a decision.
For low light photography, you will require a tripod. This is a must have.

Now for the lens. Some experts here in this forum or otherwise would say that the default 18-55 (kit lens) is pretty good. Maybe in the hands of a pro, however for a beginner it is better if you can exchange it with another lens and pay the difference. My choice as a all in one is an 18-105 or a 18-200 either from canon/Nikon or third party like Tamron, Sigma etc.
Try that for some time. Get your hands set and if after that you feel you are serious about your hobby, go ahead and start purchasing the more expensive lenses.

p.s. I just checked that the Nikon 5200 D is significantly more expensive than the 5100 D.

I feel that 5100 D or the 600 D hits the sweet spot.

Nikon D5100 - Flipkart (Only Body)

Sigma 18-200

Tamron 18-200

Tamron 18-270

Nikon 18-200

Similarly, you can find lenses for the canon. Of course the same lenses should work with the 5200 D too.

The D5200 has the best low light performance out of the 3. It is also better image quality wise imho :( Also not related, but it has excellent video quality.

Interestingly the sensor size is marginally bigger in D5100 than in D5200.
Also shutter lag is slightly more in D5200.

Back