Dragon Age 3: Inquisition - Discussion Thread

damn

Adept
Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, the next chapter in the multi-million selling RPG franchise, is to be released late in 2013, EA and BioWare have announced.

In development at BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal, Dragon Age 3 is being created on a brand-new game engine underpinned by EA's Frostbite 2 technology.
"The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now," said Aaryn Flynn, general manager of BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Montreal. "We've been poring over player feedback from past games and connecting directly with our fans. They haven't held back, so we're not either. With Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, we want to give fans what they're asking for – a great story with choices that matter, a massive world to explore, deep customization and combat that is both tactical and visceral."
Flynn added: "At the same time, we know we need new technology to truly make this vision become fully realised. And we've been working with DICE to make Frostbite 2 the foundation for the engine that is going to power Dragon Age 3."

At the moment there is no information on the game's story beyond hints from its title, but details leaked last month now seem more legitimate.
No platforms have been mentioned in the official press release, which could suggest Dragon Age 3 will be released across current and next-generation systems - a late 2013 date would fit in nicely with rumoured new console launches.
Source : Dragon Age 3 confirmed for release late in 2013 - Dragon Age: Origins for PC News

Possibly Q3 or Q4

Thank-you for this great news... will be most definitely looking forward to this.

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition has been confirmed by EA for release late 2013. It will run on a new engine, as well as Frostbite 2 and is being developed by the Dragon Age: Origins team. Read all the details here.

The publisher confirmed the game officially over at its official blog, along with an open letter from BioWare’s Mark Darrah.
Darrah’s open letter explains that the studio didn’t want to keep on hiding the fact that he game exists, especially following rumours that EA was focus testing for the Dragon Age 3.
Darrah writes, “Recently, I said that we didn´t want to talk about Dragon Age III unless we had something to show. I´m trying to stick to that plan and won´t be revealing much today. That said, a lot of information and rumors have surfaced recently and we don´t want to hide from them. There are a BUNCH of things that I really want to share with you but I want to do this right, and doing it right requires some more time.”
He then went on to confirm that the official title is – of course – Dragon Age 3: Inquisition, but stressed that he wouldn’t be sharing anything regarding the game’s story. He did confirm however that it’s being developed by the same team that worked on Dragon Age: Origins.
Darrah added, “We are working on a new engine which we believe will allow us to deliver a more expansive world, better visuals, more reactivity to player choices, and more customization. At PAX East, we talked about armour and followers…. Yeah, that kind of customisation. We’ve started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this.”

The news follows an alleged Dragon Age 3 plot synopsis leaking on the BioWare social forums last month. Here’s what it said:
“A portal between the worlds unleashes hords of demons in the land, civil wars rip apart nations and the corruption is limitless. Someone is behind the shadows, drawing the threads which destroy the world. Time has come for the Inquisition.”
“Take the Inquisitor’s cloak and lead the only force able of bringing light into the darkness. Choose the direct method and gather your armies, send spies into the shadows or engage in a political war, make friends and use your connections indirectly: it is up to you how you lead the inquisition.”
“But you’ll have to take lead of it from the beginning. Make your player a rogue, warrior or mage and set up your crew from up to ten complex companions to lead them against those who attack you by systematically spying on, revealing and destroying them.”

Source: Dragon Age 3: Inquisition confirmed, first details emerge | VG247

Dragon Age and Frostbite engine! This makes the wait very interesting. Will be following this keenly. Hope they make a better effort than DA II

[h=1]Dragon Age 3 may feature more exploration than previous titles[/h]Bioware’s Aaryn Flynn has hinted that Dragon Age 3 could feature more exploration, with the developers taking a page out of Skryim.

Speaking in the latest issue of Game Informer, Flynn said exploration should be empathized in RPGs, and used Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights as two examples.

“You can’t look at a game like Skyrim and not think about how impressive what they’ve accomplished is—or [think] that’s an interesting new direction or that there was something that didn’t work well for them that we could take in a new direction,” he said.

“So, we’re always influenced by these games, especially in a relatively tight-knight genre like RPGs.”

Dragon Age 3 is slated for release during EA’s FY14, and its rumored the game will be a next-gen release title.

Source: Dragon Age 3 may feature more exploration than previous titles | VG247

Play it, the Ultimate Edition is going for pretty cheap these days, and the expansion is worth it. Besides, it the last decent game from Bioware.

I havent played any of the DA ... will try the third one maybe. Not a fan of team based game. But the series is getting so much good reviews.

I havent played any of the DA ... will try the third one maybe. Not a fan of team based game. But the series is getting so much good reviews.

Play Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening, and all of their DLC's (if you buy ultimate edition all this comes in it for no extra charge).

Skip Dragon Age II.

Play Dragon Age III.

Besides, it the last decent RPG from Bioware.

Corrected.

Yet to play Dragon Age: Origins. :ashamed:

You suck! :p

Do give it a shot when you don't have anything else to play - it is quite addictive and long especially with the Ultimate Edition which has all DLCs packaged. Beware, you may go blind with awesomeness! :lol:

Play Dragon Age: Origins and Awakening, and all of their DLC's (if you buy ultimate edition all this comes in it for no extra charge).

Skip Dragon Age II.

Play Dragon Age III.

Corrected.

Say whatt?

Dragon age 2 is a very good game and it is certainly better than the recuring first.
I know it didnt really fulfill the high expectations which others had set for it but it is more than good enough for a single play through.

I also enjoyed Dragon Age 2 more than Dragon Age : Origins. I know I am probably in the minority here, but DA2 was much more action paced and nicer, methinks!

Dragon Age: Origins is probably the final RPG title on my list to be attempted. The only thing which held me back was it's gameplay. I'm not accustomed to this point-click style. But if I can make peace with The Witcher's gameplay, then perhaps I can give this a shot too. With the Ultimate Edition now out, I just need a proper time slot to try it out.

@Black_Hawk: Dude, you might have completed the previous titles, no? What's your take on this. This has been backlogged for several years now. I should take it up sometime soon before Inquisition comes out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really really suggest people play Dragon Age : Origins. It is the longest game i have ever played. Took me around ~120 hours to complete everything including all the DLCs. But not once i got bored. Once the story developed it was impossible for me to stop. But it might be because i like such kind of games. Butas far as the game is concerned any RPG lover should definitely play this game. This game is something which you can totally relate to Dungeons and Dragons. Epic game it was.
About Dragon Age 2. I won't say you should skip but it was an ok game.

Back