Download torrent as HTTP ??

raksrules

Elite
I am looking out if there is any free service available which allows one to download torrents to their servers and from their we can download the same on our machines as any normal HTTP file ? It is sort of seedbox type service.
I remember imagehack providing such a service, is there anyone else providing it now ?

BTW, it is quite good. What it also does is that if someone else downloaded the same torrent some time back, then it is already in its cache and available for download immediately :)

The only drawback is that you might not as good speeds as you may get on torrents. But it is good for torrents which are slow due to low seeds/low connectivity from india or if you are not able to run torrents due to network restrictions.

I just used this thing to add a torrent from btjunkie and it says that my torrent has been added to queue and it will take approx 3 Hours for it to download (689MB) and i will get email alert when file is available.

So does those downloads then have resume functionality ? I am more interested in downloading the file on my mobile directly and not PC.

Also how can i add torrents from private trackers ? It does not have option to upload a .torrent file but only supports URLs :S

hmm. I havent tried pausing/resuming because all my downloads happen on my router so don't need to turn it off..Will try..

It doesn't support private trackers unless the required info (e.g. user/pass or key etc) is in the url itself.

Ok so my 21% download has been done and it is having average speed of like 160-180kBps which is good. Will take around 1 hour for download to complete as per the website. I am doing all this on my phone and not on computer. I intend to download the file also on phone. Hope it has support for phone download managers. Lets see how it goes.

Will report back in some time ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok so here is the report

I located a torrent to download from btjunkie and provided its URL to this torrific thing. It downloaded my torrent and sent me a mail that it is done. I went to the torrific website using my phone's browser and clicked the file link to download the 698 MB file on my phone. I have the 1000CHI download accelerator installed on my phone which is integrated to phone's native browser (does not support opera mini mobile etc) and it started to download that file.

To check resume functionality, i paused the download and exited the app and again started the app and tried to resume the download and that too worked fine.

This is awesome service from torrific i must say :hap2:

checked for single ip(static ip). worked on my gprs phone speeds varied within 28-38 KB/sec.
downloaded a music album 100mb. :p

Just checked the torrific.com website myself and indeed it is a great solution for those torrent throttling ISPs!

Good speed. The only drawback is that if you've dynamic ip then it doesn't support resume feature. :|

Still, a great service.

^That dynamic ip thing should not be an issue for people keeping their connection 24/7 on or may be for prolonged period of time.

Back