Do all Routers supports files transfer b/n lappy and desktop

cri_sss

Disciple
i had posted before also on routers as my search for routers is not yet complete:huh:.

Now after reading more,the more i was confused. But now my requirements are clear and became basic and what I just want is:
1.Good Range(it should go beyond 2-3 rooms and walls are thick)
2.Should be able to connect laptop and desktop,to transfer files.
3.Warranty and Installation,setup,configuration should be easy(i'm a novice)

I will be using torrents downloads occasionally but that too i use desktop only(now) but may be in future i don't know.

Initially i thought of Linksys WRT54G2. But linksys costs 2.5k and also found lot of features which i may not be using and is giving only a year warranty,compared to belkin(5 year warranty) and Buffalo(2-3 years i guess).If i can get a good one from other brands/models for lesser price it will be better. Also it would be better if it is energy efficient.

So finally pl suggest a model and if possible price (my range is max 2.5k, but lesser the better).

Thanks all.

Er , dont ALL routers support file transfers , buy any one whih is VFM and has good warranty . From what i have read here , Buffalo routers generally have good range .

Its not upto the router if they support transfers.

As a thumb rule, if there are 2 computers connected to a single or the same network, you can obviously transfer/connect to each system. :)

Back