Different ways to shutdown ur pc

I just use the standard shut down. Anyway once you get past option #4 it all seems like too much work. But then I don't adapt to change very well, some times I will resist a new method. However, if l find the new method better I'll switch then stick with that until forced to adapt again.:huh:
Marylin
Vinpower digital dvd duplicator

hehe... i just press:

Windows button + u + u...

to switch it ON i have made some changes in BIOS, i just switch on UPS, press any key on keyboard and it turns on.

H@cKer said:
just press the power button on pc it it the fastest and the easiest way;)

+1 to that. One press of the power button and the system automatically initiates a shut-down. It's pretty much the fastest and easiest way to shut down the machine. Don't know why people would still use the Start+U+U or whatever other method.

sato1986 said:
i just push the Power On switch on the ATX cabinet n a proper shutdown is automatically followed... :) Convinient way :)

more methods..

task Manager --> processes -- > Close some system processes n "SYSTEM SHUTTING DOWN IN 60 seconds" messagebox will appear n wil force a shutdown after 60sec :) gone in 60sec

haaa....that happens when u force to shut down one of the SVCHOST.EXE NETWORK services...its because ur forcing to close the DCOM (server or service..i dont remember...:S ) and then it gives u an error saying that DCOM service ended unexpectedly...thats when it gives u the 60 second timeframe and shuts down automatically...

lol Shinta that is old news :p i have use shortcut key past 6 year no issue afk

can u scan any local network around 40 computer at any server system fast or not that is noob question ;)

uisng track scan network place locate or run in conifg ip

OMG - What has TE come down to !!! :(

In the true spirit of TE, someone should post a piece of code which can be compiled into a .dll/.exe which directly accesses the Windows API and shuts down the PC with 10 different options or better still - via the web, remotely. That would be more suited to TE's reputation

Kneo said:
OMG - What has TE come down to !!! :(

In the true spirit of TE, someone should post a piece of code which can be compiled into a .dll/.exe which directly accesses the Windows API and shuts down the PC with 10 different options or better still - via the web, remotely. That would be more suited to TE's reputation

hmmmm :chinese: .............very interesting....very interesting indeed....:eek:hyeah:

i need a software which could do all this...i used Aquarius Auto PC shutdown utility which was a gr8 Software that could shut down the PC no matter wot at the scheduled time...i download a lot....and there was a time wen v had early 9:00 am power cuts and i used to keep my computer ON for downloading and then go to sleep and all i had to do was to schedule the PC to shut the PC down by 8:45am thus allowing me 2 sleep peacefully and not wake up and then shut down the PC manually.... ONLY problem was it was NOT FREE....any other software that could do all the above would be a blessing and YES it shud be FREE.....

Balkazzaar said:
i need a software which could do all this...i used Aquarius Auto PC shutdown utility which was a gr8 Software that could shut down the PC no matter wot at the scheduled time...i download a lot....and there was a time wen v had early 9:00 am power cuts and i used to keep my computer ON for downloading and then go to sleep and all i had to do was to schedule the PC to shut the PC down by 8:45am thus allowing me 2 sleep peacefully and not wake up and then shut down the PC manually.... ONLY problem was it was NOT FREE....any other software that could do all the above would be a blessing and YES it shud be FREE.....

Use Free Download Manager - its free and the scheduler is pretty good. I'm using this for my 2P.M-8P.M dowload using my BSNL broadband for the last 4 years.

One very important Thing:

Shut-Down ur PC any which way u like, but DON'T DO it the HARDWARE WAY. Many here have replied with a 'Single quick push on ur ATX Power switch'. But some 1 year down the line (and maybe even less for the Bijlis, Champas.....and all those W** names), ur cheapo Power Button might not even respond to attempts to start ur PC, even after 60-80 pushes! :rofl:

Why i stressed on this is: Coz reviewers across the world find even the $500-600 worthy Towers to have not-so-good kinda switches. So, better do it the Software way.
Cheers!
Rutvij.

Back